Movies Under the Star - Is there a charge for popcorn?

dansu

On our last cruise (Carnival), hubby thought he might enjoy a bag of popcorn one afternoon...he was quick to find out that the charge was $1.50 for a small child size bag.

When hubby asked if this $1.50 charge included butter...the server told him no butter...they only sold plain popcorn.

Needless to say...no popcorn was sold to my hubby that day...or any other day.

Does Princess charge for their popcorn...and if so...do they include butter?

No charge, but no butter either.

I'll suggest that he get his popcorn as an hors d’oeuvre or late night snack on nights when they serve seafood on the buffet...as I have recently read they serve drawn butter...

Thanks

I'll suggest that he get his popcorn as an hors d’oeuvre or late night snack on nights when they serve seafood on the buffet...as I have recently read they serve drawn butter...

Thanks

LOL!! That's a totally awesome idea!!!:p

Yeah the no butter thing really sucked... I'm not big into popcorn as it is, but I do enjoy nibbling it when I watch a movie. I got a bag for my wife and intended to share, but after one handful as flat and tasteless as can be I chewed gum instead.

I never saw cookies at MUTS - either day or night - on the Crown. I did try the popcorn one night though, but as was mentioned before, it was like eating styrofoam peanuts - dry and tasteless! Next time I'm going to bring my own snack with me. I did enjoy being there in the evening - like being at a drive-in movie.

My guess is the popcorn is not buttered due to the mess it would make if dropped and tracked into carpeted areas, on the decks, buttery fingers on rails, chairs, etc.

Left in its natural state, it leaves less residue and cleans up much easier. It is pretty dry and flavorless, not much salt and it appears to be popped with very little oil - if any.

To each our own - I love popcorn and enjoy it on the Princess...without butter. I don't think Carnival charges to minimize it being spread around by the 'kids', but in order to get a few more bucks off us. Went to a Carnival wine tasting that cost $10....half way through it, they offered us the 'premium' wines for an additional $20. Bait and switch. Very embarassing to stand there with your empty glass while others sipped the additional wine. Walked out and never went to another one.

Den

Archived