Steamers Allowed?

blueboro

i've had neighbors using their steamers on their verandahs. it was so steamy i couldn't use my verandah for the whole cruise. i'll probably not book a verandah again.

Remember, you aren't cruising on HAL anymore because of their "restrictive" smoking policy. It would be great if your posts would not always be SO abrasive:rolleyes:.

i've had neighbors using their steamers on their verandahs. it was so steamy i couldn't use my verandah for the whole cruise. i'll probably not book a verandah again.
I can tell from here that your verandah was just dripping with sarcasm. :p

I know that irons are not allowed onboard, but are travel steamers okay? Can't seem to find that mentioned in the policies.

No, they are not.

no -- you can not bring one on board the ship

try downy wringle release

or

takes clothes uinto the bathroom while you are showering -- steam from that will help

I don't want to cause a controversy here, however in HAL's "Know Before You go Booklet" it only says that Irons are not permitted..I can't find steamers mentioned any where..:confused:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf

Please note: Page 7 second column under Electrical appliances...

Where did you get the idea that steamers were not permitted? It does specifically mention only using the HAL power strips..

Now that being said, we started leaving our steamer home many years ago when we discovered "Downey Wrinkle Release", which works just as well as any steamer we've ever owned..

Cheers.....:)Betty

Hmmm again...

I specifically asked about powerstrips via an email to HAL on February 15, 2011. Here is their response:

Good afternoon,

You may bring your own power strip onboard however; we do offer them for guests to use at the front desk.

If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact us. We are available by telephone Monday – Friday 7am – 5pm PDT at 1-800-541-1576.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Brad

Brad Lyman I Holland America Line I Ship ServicesI P:1-800-541-1576

I am trying to be proactive and in compliance, but there is so much conflicting information!

Hmmm again...

I specifically asked about powerstrips via an email to HAL on February 15, 2011. Here is their response:

Good afternoon,

You may bring your own power strip onboard however; we do offer them for guests to use at the front desk.

If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact us. We are available by telephone Monday – Friday 7am – 5pm PDT at 1-800-541-1576.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Brad

Brad Lyman I Holland America Line I Ship ServicesI P:1-800-541-1576

I am trying to be proactive and in compliance, but there is so much conflicting information!

Conflicting is right! HAL's Know Before You Go document ( http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/KBYG.pdf )

on page 7 states:

If more outlet space is necessary, only Holland America Line provided power bars are to be used. Please contact the Front Office for more information.

Sorry Betty, somehow I missed seeing your post before I repeated part of it. :o:o

No problem John & no need to apologize at all..You've been a help to me on this board & would never mind you're repeating something I've said..:D It just shows me that a poster whom I respect agrees with me..

Sometimes I need that..LOL

Cheers...:)Betty

Archived