Laundry question

sharod

Getting ready to go cruising in 3 weeks and planning on what and how much to pack! I know, I know, take out half of what you have packed:D!

From what I have read, they have a laundry deal where you stuff everything you can fit in the laundry bag for $25.

My question is, does this deal run every day, or is it just on a certain day? If it is just one day, what day is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

On the Oasis I believe it was on day five. You turn it in early in the morning and you got it back late on day 6. It's a special paper bag so you have to ask your stateroom attendant for it the night before.

It's okay for underwear, bathing suits, socks, etc. but not shirts and larger items.

We used it but since it didn't come back until late in our cruise it wasn't that useful. I suspect they do it because the laundry requirements later in the cruise go down and they want to maximize the machine use.

On the Oasis I believe it was on day five. You turn it in early in the morning and you got it back late on day 6. It's a special paper bag so you have to ask your stateroom attendant for it the night before.

It's okay for underwear, bathing suits, socks, etc. but not shirts and larger items.

We used it but since it didn't come back until late in our cruise it wasn't that useful. I suspect they do it because the laundry requirements later in the cruise go down and they want to maximize the machine use.

Thank you for your quick reply!!!

Ahh, so confusing!!!! Your answer is the same as what I have found when using the search feature. Numerous different posts say the same as you.

BUT......I called C&A last pm, asked this same question, and was told that it was EVERYDAY!!!! I even repeated the question back to her after she answered to make sure that she understood me. Same answer, everyday. I specifically stated the "everything you can stuff in a bag for $25 deal".

Well, I will place my bet on you!!! Thanks again!!!

We were on Oasis in November and the deal was definitely only on ONE day. I don't remember the bag being that big, so not really a great deal.

I always bring a small bottle of woolite and a tide stick for little touch-ups, but yep the dirty clothes going home is not something to look forward to ;)

It is usually later in the cruise and we use it for underwear, socks and kid t-shirts. We could out enough underwear for trip down. pre-trip hotel day (if you have one) + 5 days and then pray/hope it'll be back in time to wear home. LOL. So carrying 6 pairs per person (versus 9 typically for us) and gym socks (we each bring 3 pairs or so and do re-wear these during the cruise) and kid sized (or dh) plain t-shirts.

It does cut down on the packing and that helps

I called C&A last pm, asked this same question, and was told that it was EVERYDAY!!!! I specifically stated the "everything you can stuff in a bag for $25 deal".

So many of the CS reps have never even been on an RCI cruise. Kills me. :p

As stated, it is not every day and it certainly isn't "everything you can stuff in a bag". There are specific items which are included in the laundry special (which is wash and fold only- not ironed, very wrinkled!) and if you put something else in you will be charged the going rate for that item. If someone truly thought it was anything you can stuff in, I'm sure the bill could be enormous. :eek:

We did that on CC last time...and it was anything we could fit in the bag. Of course, I didnt stuff my good stuff...but everything else I could fit...was washed. I rolled everything and stacked them very tight. I got back 3 bags folded. It was wonderful!! :)

Archived