All things Dream!

a3593

wrigley80- Anxiously waiting for your review when you get back as we will be on the Dream in June also and can't wait to see some pictures..Are you on the transition cruise.. I am not sure what the date is of that cruise.. Hope you have great weather and a great cruise..;)

Since there is no Sports Bar on the Dream.....where are the sporting events played on the ship?? Specifically I will be onboard for the NCAA Basketball Championship game. Where will this be televised??

I would ask John Heald on Facebook if the game will be shown on the big screen.

wrigley80- Anxiously waiting for your review when you get back as we will be on the Dream in June also and can't wait to see some pictures..Are you on the transition cruise.. I am not sure what the date is of that cruise.. Hope you have great weather and a great cruise..;)

Yes we are on the 9-day repositioning cruise on April 5th.

Thanks so much. I have already started checking out the weather for our trip. It looks good so far.

I'll definitely be doing another photo review of the Dream when we return.

Whew! Three days of reading through and I'm finally done! And believe it or not, still have a question that no one has asked (unless I somehow read over it).

My husband and I were on the Legend back in 2011 and we LOVED the main pools. Mainly because there was a shallow area where you could sit and have water still cover the lower part (hips, legs) of your body. So you get that perfect sun/water combination while laying back against the outsides of the hot tubs.

When searching for the next ship I wanted to go on, it appeared the Dream had these types of pools. Sometimes I'll see pictures posted that look like I was right in thinking the pools had these shallow "sitting" areas, but sometimes it looks otherwise.

So... do the pools (or at least one pool) have shallow "sitting" areas?

Whew! Three days of reading through and I'm finally done! And believe it or not, still have a question that no one has asked (unless I somehow read over it).

My husband and I were on the Legend back in 2011 and we LOVED the main pools. Mainly because there was a shallow area where you could sit and have water still cover the lower part (hips, legs) of your body. So you get that perfect sun/water combination while laying back against the outsides of the hot tubs.

When searching for the next ship I wanted to go on, it appeared the Dream had these types of pools. Sometimes I'll see pictures posted that look like I was right in thinking the pools had these shallow "sitting" areas, but sometimes it looks otherwise.

So... do the pools (or at least one pool) have shallow "sitting" areas?

Kinda, but not really. Not quite like the Legend. That's why the pics you're seeing leave you confused. It is set up to allow the pools (both of them) to overflow into the sitting area. But in calm waters, there wouldn't be much overflow. And when there are waves, with more overflow, it still goes out & back. Looking over my pics from 2 months ago on the Dream, most of them show some very shallow water flowing outside the pool, but not really more than an inch. It will keep your seat wet.

Here's one for long term Carnival folk......anyone know if the Dream (and/or its class) has coffee brewers in the individual cabins? We have had that on the last few NCL cabins, and it is such a wonderful thing to brew a quick couple of cups of coffee to enjoy in the cabin or on the balcony as you roll out of bed. The last times we've sailed on CCL (Holiday, Liberty, Mardi Gras <1988!>) there were no such brewers. But things do change......and occasionally in a positive direction!:rolleyes:

We have booked a mid-level balcony cabin on deck 8 for our 18 May departure.

No coffee makers in any carnival rooms. We usually order it from room service on the breakfast card and that is our wake up call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

RATS! But thank for the reply. We rarely use room service as we don't have plans to wake up at any particular time.....and room service is usually plus or minus 30 minutes....so, I will have to find a place to get coffee when we get up, and take it back to the cabin. On the NCL ships I know where that is......I will have to do some research to find the place(s) near our cabin on deck 8 aft where I can get a cup of coffee......anyone know of any?

Happy April Fool's Day to all!:cool:

Kinda, but not really. Not quite like the Legend. That's why the pics you're seeing leave you confused. It is set up to allow the pools (both of them) to overflow into the sitting area. But in calm waters, there wouldn't be much overflow. And when there are waves, with more overflow, it still goes out & back. Looking over my pics from 2 months ago on the Dream, most of them show some very shallow water flowing outside the pool, but not really more than an inch. It will keep your seat wet.

Sounds pretty good to me!

Sailing on the Dream in 18 days and have a couple of questions.

On embarkation day is the Tandoori station open for lunch?

We are in a cove balcony room on deck 2 midship. Does anyone know where the muster station is? (my MIL is worried she will have to stand outside for the drill)

TIA

We are in a cove balcony room on deck 2 midship. Does anyone know where the muster station is? (my MIL is worried she will have to stand outside for the drill)

TIA

We are also on the April 20th sailing of the Dream. First time on the Dream so I am only speaking from what I have read. Yes, I believe the Tandoori station is open for lunch on embarkation day. Never been on a ship with the Tandoori so I am looking forward to trying it. Also, from what I have read, the muster drill is not held outside, just in different spots inside the ship, so you should be able to reassure you MIL that she won't have to stand outside.

TIA

For the mustard drill, it's a good chance that you will be in the midship dining room. That's where we were when we had a midship cove on a sister ship. On the Dream & her sister ships, they thankfully don't take you outside to stand & stare at someone's back 2 inches in front of you.

We sailed on the Dream in December 2013. We had an OV cabin, but I can't remember which deck. Our muster drill was held in one of the two dining rooms. I believe all muster stations on the Dream were inside. I wish ALL ships would use inside locations. It was nice to be able to sit down. We didn't have to wear our life vests either. You'll love the Dream!!

barrbr, I'll be in a Cove mid ship on May 4, in cabin #2294. Which cabin are you in? Please don't alert security that I'm coming! LOL

We will be boarding on the 11th as you get off. Make sure everyone gets off quickly so we can get on ASAP!! :D

TIA

Tandoori is open for lunch for embarkation. (At least it was last April and I'm counting on it being open when I board Saturday. )

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just a quick note to those thinking of booking the Dream and didn't read through all the pages....Be aware of deck 5's Lanai when booking a balcony cabin. We didn't realize this when we booked on deck 6, but thankfully this thread made me realize. We'd be overlooking the Lanai and people, instead of the beautiful ocean. PPVs don't point this out. We moved to deck 9 and loved it. (Rooms 9248&9252). Great area since you're sandwiched in between cabins. We sailed Eastern on 3/22/14. Wasn't our favorite ship, but we had fun. We all prefer the Conquest class more....just a better layout overall.

Tandori was our favorite food onboard and never a line.

Tandori was our favorite food onboard and never a line.

That is one of those little gems of the Dream that are tucked away. We loved it as well and I am actually disappointed that it doesn't appear to be on the Liberty which we are sailing on next month. There seem to be some great alternatives on the Liberty - but we will definitely be missing the Tandori!

The pizza on the Dream we found to be better than what we have had on the Fantasy class ships too.