Nervous about Oriana

Invincible

We've booked a cruise in April for 17 nights on Oriana, I've since read on a few sites poor reviews about the ship and while I'm still looking forward to it would like some other views pre-warned is pre-armed after all.

INVINCABLE nothing to be worried about just go and enjoy it,we've been on it twice,although in my opinion i think in tends to have a little roll with it you get used to it.

Treat the staff with a little respect and they will look after you,just be carefull not to eat to much!!!!

We've booked a cruise in April for 17 nights on Oriana, I've since read on a few sites poor reviews about the ship and while I'm still looking forward to it would like some other views pre-warned is pre-armed after all.

No need to be concerned about Oriana, it is a lovely ship and you will enjoy your time on board.

Crew and facilities are very good indeed, very comfortable and with a good selection of bars and lounges.

A truly beautiful ship. She does have a slightly odd movement about her in some seas, but nothing at all to be worried about IMO.

Welcome to Cruise Critic by the way. I am sure all your questions will be answered by someone :)

my first cruise was on the lovely Oriana in 1998 , sailed on her in 2009 and still love her....she has charm and character ....I love the other ships I have sailed on but all in different ways :)

Thanks all for the positive news, we're not first time cruisers but we could still be called novices this will only be our fourth in total and the second on P&O having done the Caribbean last Feb on Ventura, Looking forward to it even more now if that was possible.

Very bad choice, shocking ship you will hate her.

Now I will tell you what I will do to help you out. Send me your tickets and we will go to save you upset.

Gan canny

Dai

Lovely ship but now compared to the newer ships looks dated but taking on the air of faded gradure... no covered pool which is a shame. Lovely well laid out deck space... lots of seating areas... The self serve has plenty of tea coffee stations which means of all the ships you dont have to queue up for a hot drink. The Al Fresco.. is a great little snack or breakfast cafe... the Spa is free to use.. two jacuzies in there .. seating area ... plus steam room and sauna all free to use ...

Im sure you will enjoy Oriana.

Oriana was the first time we had cruised with PandO in 2007 although by no means our first cruise. We never noticed any roll and thought the ship was lovely. We had a fabulous meal in the Rhodes speciality dining room and it was well worth the supplement. Hope you have a great time as we did :)

Been on board for 3 cruises. No real issues. Transatlantic west to east in inside cabin on top deck and as far forward as possible, did produce some movement in heavy swell. No one had motion sickness in our party. If you do suffer, make your way down to the sick bay. Midships on the lowest deck. Very calm at the worst of times.

We both noticed the odd movement and I was extremely sick - the only time I have ever been so ill, although we were in something of a storm.

She is a lovely, traditional ship, but personally, we wouldn't rush back on her as we found her too small for us and we felt the cabins rather cramped.

We've been on all the fleet except Azura and generally like them all for different reasons (and dislike the odd thing here and there). On balance I'd say Oriana is just about our favourite (in particular we like the tiered stern decks) and we're hoping that we still like her as much when we're back on board in a few weeks.

Oriana is a lovely ship, here are some photos of Oriana from 18months ago showing lots of inside shots.

Whatever you do PLEASE try Gary Rhodes restaurant OrianaRhodes one night, book on embarkation afternoon , I thought it was the best speciality restaurant in the ships fleet, even better than Arcadian Rhodes, the Captain dines there so it can't be bad...Have a look at the menus outside the restaurant and see which one you fancy there are two,a A and a B which rotate every 4 days, we loved it there so much we went back again for the 2nd menu. Also Tiffanys bar has free lunch menu which is quieter than the buffet or main dining room on a sea day and usually child free and calm while it seems busier everywhere else . Photos in album too.

Enjoy

Sue

https://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/Oriana23May2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCOqh5Ye3pN7sEQ#5342461528464515826

click link above.

Oriana is a lovely ship, here are some photos of Oriana from 18months ago showing lots of inside shots.

Whatever you do PLEASE try Gary Rhodes restaurant OrianaRhodes one night, book on embarkation afternoon , I thought it was the best speciality restaurant in the ships fleet, even better than Arcadian Rhodes, the Captain dines there so it can't be bad...Have a look at the menus outside the restaurant and see which one you fancy there are two,a A and a B which rotate every 4 days, we loved it there so much we went back again for the 2nd menu. Also Tiffanys bar has free lunch menu which is quieter than the buffet or main dining room on a sea day and usually child free and calm while it seems busier everywhere else . Photos in album too.

Enjoy

Sue

https://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/Oriana23May2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCOqh5Ye3pN7sEQ#5342461528464515826

click link above.

Oriana looks great.

Lovely pics as usual LibraLass, even if you were a bit too interested in the fishing boys :D

Press release today regarding refit to Adults only for Oriana...

Oriana

In line with the Adults-Only changeover in November, P&O have just revealed a few onboard transformations which will take place during it's refit:

•A new select dining restaurant - "Ocean Grill" by Marco Pierre White

•27 new cabins, including balconies and singles (in place of the current children’s areas)

•A new Italian restaurant called 'Sorrento' which will have ocean views/outdoor dining area

•An updated Oasis Spa

•A new relaxed seating area (in place of the current children’s pool)

Enjoy

Sue

click link above.

Loved looking at your photos once again Sue, we are booking on Oriana for the Panama Canal mid-March 2012. Many people have highly recommended Oriana to us as we are keen dancers. There were not too many balcony cabins left to choose from but have reserved B227 which looks like its only a few cabins up from yours. Your photos of the cabin were very welcome, hopefully your can reassure me that our choice is a good one! When we sailed on the Oceana for our first cruise last summer your advice was great.

Regards

Linda

Press release today regarding refit to Adults only for Oriana...

Oriana

In line with the Adults-Only changeover in November, P&O have just revealed a few onboard transformations which will take place during it's refit:

•A new select dining restaurant - "Ocean Grill" by Marco Pierre White

•27 new cabins, including balconies and singles (in place of the current children’s areas)

I•A new Italian restaurant called 'Sorrento' which will have ocean views/outdoor dining area

•An updated Oasis Spa

•A new relaxed seating area (in place of the current children’s pool)

From what has been posted elsewhere MPW is taking over from GR in Oriana and Arcadia. This may upset some.

We enjoyed mpw but also liked gr.

Gan canny

Dai

Archived