Dream and Roatan???

Elmo31

I keep reading that the Dream keeps skipping Roatan because she is to big. Is this true? or is there some other issue? I love going to Mahogany Bay there. If they keep skipping this port then why do they still list it as a stop? Any info would be great.

We sailed on the Dream in June, and we docked at Mahogany Bay. I think the issue comes in with high winds or bad weather. Either can make that port inaccessible to the Dream as well as other ships.

We were on the Dream in January and missed Roatan due to winds. However, it's more than just the weather because there were two other ships (one Carnival) that were able to dock. The size of the Dream is definitely a factor and yes it does seem to miss Roatan a lot.

Coxen Hole is the better port to stop at in Roatan. At Mahogany Bay, you have a manufactured strip mall that could be anywhere, and a manufactured man made beach. The West End and Tabyana Beach are much better Caribbean beaches!

Coxen Hole is the better port to stop at in Roatan. At Mahogany Bay, you have a manufactured strip mall that could be anywhere, and a manufactured man made beach. The West End and Tabyana Beach are much better Caribbean beaches!

I agree. I have only been to Roatan once, and was disappointed when we ended up at Mahogany Bay. Of course, I know that this is their preference. But that hill to climb is murder. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. We were on Carnival Dream and we were moored behind Carnival Valor.

Roatan is my absolutely favorite port out of all the ones I've visited. I would be SO disappointed if we missed that port.

(To answer someone's question... we missed Jamaica once on a two-port cruise and we got our port fees credited to our account and it was yet another sea day. I don't think they have alternate places to go if they have to skip a port.)

If they do not stop at a port- do we get taken to a "replacement" port? Or does it just turn into a sea day?

We missed Roatan last week while several other ships had no problem sailing around us to tie up. Size does matter.

In my best Charlie Brown voice: "We got a sea day."

Archived