Thermal suite

On the Radiance Class ships I see that there is a "thermal suite" Can anyone tell me about that---do you have to sign up to use it & does it cost anything or is it a part of the ship that can be used by everyone, like the workout room, etc.? I was just on the Radiance & I missed it! Can anyone discribe it?

Thanks for the input :)

On the Radiance Class ships I see that there is a "thermal suite" Can anyone tell me about that---do you have to sign up to use it & does it cost anything or is it a part of the ship that can be used by everyone, like the workout room, etc.? I was just on the Radiance & I missed it! Can anyone discribe it?

Thanks for the input :)

I have been in a 2 Thermal Suite and for me it is well worth the money. With that said, I have not been in RCCL TS as am sailing next week for first time on RCCL. The thermal suite is an extra charge. They usually charge per sailing although I understand you can buy a day pass. The ones I have been in are usually open from 8 AM till 10 PM and you can come and go as you please. It consist of steam rooms, whirlpool at body temp (not real hot like a hot tub). One whirlpool on one ship I was on had jets just like a hot tub and was pretty large as a whirlpool goes. But my favorite thing was these tile heated loungers where you just lay back and the warm tiles heat your back and shoulders. I am understanding there is one on the Jewel, and yes I can not find any information on the web site and the agents at RCCL were not to informative, so I am hoping for the best. Again, for me well worth it.

They are quite nice,it is one of the features of the Radiance class that my wife and I like, there is a fee, either for the cruise or by the day. Last year on Jewel 11day I believe it was 99 dollars per person for the cruise. We were on one cruise where they had a couple price and they gave you some other featurers as well, I can't remember.

The heated loungers face the ocean and their are large glass windows so it is quite cool, we watched whales on our sea days to Hawaii from there.

There are 3 types of steam rooms, showers and crushed ice to put on your body too. They have lots of towels in there too.

On our Jewel cruise last year we were a bit dissapointed because the people who were doing the massages would bring there customers into the suite after they were finished and come back and give them their bill and talk to them it kind of took away from the whole relaxation purpose of this area to us besides we had paid and these people had not paid to be in that area.

They were just trying to promote this area so I understand but we didn't like that they would come in and interupt our quiet time. There is also relaxing music playing in this area as well.

Enjoy

Brian J

They are quite nice,it is one of the features of the Radiance class that my wife and I like, there is a fee, either for the cruise or by the day. Last year on Jewel 11day I believe it was 99 dollars per person for the cruise. We were on one cruise where they had a couple price and they gave you some other featurers as well, I can't remember.

The heated loungers face the ocean and their are large glass windows so it is quite cool, we watched whales on our sea days to Hawaii from there.

There are 3 types of steam rooms, showers and crushed ice to put on your body too. They have lots of towels in there too.

On our Jewel cruise last year we were a bit dissapointed because the people who were doing the massages would bring there customers into the suite after they were finished and come back and give them their bill and talk to them it kind of took away from the whole relaxation purpose of this area to us besides we had paid and these people had not paid to be in that area.

They were just trying to promote this area so I understand but we didn't like that they would come in and interupt our quiet time. There is also relaxing music playing in this area as well.

Enjoy

Brian J

Thank you for confirming the Thermal Suite is offered aboard the Jewel as we are sailing Monday. To me it is worth every penny. And your description is just exactly like I have experienced in the past. Hopefully they have resolved bringing other passengers to the area for a sales meeting. Hate to have to whip out my wet towel and give them a wack.

Yes the Radiance class has a thermal suite.

Here are a few pictures - sorry I'm usually too relaxed to take any more.

Sauna

2182559670_f8816684ea.jpg

Heated mosaic tile loungers (my favorite spot)

2182560672_695b76a248.jpg

What are the 3 types of steam rooms? Eucalyptus? Plain wet steam? Dry steam?

Wow, this sounds great, looking forward to checking it out on Jewel next week!

Confirm the weekly price when you're onboard. I'm on Jewel in October and I know my mom would like this. We did the Thermal Suite on Princess during our Alaska cruise and it was one of her favorite things.

If you go to my Shutterfly share site (link in signature below) and go to the Serenade album, I have pictures of the Thermal Suite, pictures 33-39. The sauna and aromatherapy (eucalyptus) rooms both have floor-to-ceiling windows. Jewel's is just like Serenade's. The next 3 pics are of the women's locker room, which has a steam room and sauna which can be used for no extra charge.

Edited by RoofingPrincess

If you go to my Shutterfly share site (link in signature below) and go to the Serenade album, I have pictures of the Thermal Suite, pictures 33-39. The sauna and aromatherapy (eucalyptus) rooms both have floor-to-ceiling windows. Jewel's is just like Serenade's. The next 3 pics are of the women's locker room, which has a steam room and sauna which can be used for no extra charge.

Thanks for the link to the pix! Love the view from the heated tile benches!

My DH and I just loved these. So relaxing and the view is perfect. Only problem I had was I'd lay down to relax and then wake up 40min later. I hate sleeping in public like that, but no matter what I did it just put me out. The last day of our cruise I made sure Hubby and I went at the same time so he could nudge me awake.

Ooh! Me like!

I, too, saw this on the Radiance deck plans and wondered what it was all about. I assumed it was just an ordinary sauna or something. This sounds much better.

Although it's probably not as awesome as the mega-sized whirlpool I enjoyed on Celebrity's Mercury. I think they called it something like the "thallosotherapy pool". I remember it was warm salt water with a huge variety of jets and and bubblers and even a giant faucet (like 12" in diameter) that poured a solid column of water onto your back or shoulders. The faucet would turn on and off at programmed intervals. I watched a guy on the other side, floating on his back with his eyes closed. I probably should have warned him that he was drifting under the about-to-activate faucet. At least he had plenty of time to recover and relax after that gusher nailed him straight in the chest.

-Dito

All wet.

Don't feel bad, teese. Wrona & I had snoring contests in there all the time.

Well actually on one of the mornings I went to the Thermal suite and there were 3 other people already on the loungers. I settled in and promptly fell asleep only to wake up with a snort! :eek: I quickly looked around and saw the room was empty, I'm pretty certain I chased them all out with the snoring. I was so embarrassed.:o

So glad to read this! When we were on DCL they call it the Rainforest Room - I got a multi-day pass. I LOVE it, after all the walking we did in Europe it was great to relax after getting back on the ship. We all joked we wished we could take the loungers home.

Me too! I got a weeklong pass, and was in there as often as I could!

This is the ONE area the jumbo ships are missing.

So glad to read this! When we were on DCL they call it the Rainforest Room - I got a multi-day pass. I LOVE it, after all the walking we did in Europe it was great to relax after getting back on the ship. We all joked we wished we could take the loungers home.

Well actually on one of the mornings I went to the Thermal suite and there were 3 other people already on the loungers. I settled in and promptly fell asleep only to wake up with a snort! :eek: I quickly looked around and saw the room was empty, I'm pretty certain I chased them all out with the snoring. I was so embarrassed.:o

Teese come join Cindy and I in there. We'll make a contest of it.:D

Is there a thermal suite on Brilliance? that could be dangerous - I might miss some european ports!!! :D

Yes, Brilliance has a thermal suite, just like Radiance, Jewel, and Serenade.

It consist of steam rooms, whirlpool at body temp (not real hot like a hot tub). One whirlpool on one ship I was on had jets just like a hot tub and was pretty large as a whirlpool goes.

No whirlpool in the RCL Thermal Suite's, unless things have changed recently. Still totally worth the price though.

Teese come join Cindy and I in there. We'll make a contest of it.:D

I remember your MustardOS trip in 2007. My family had just booked a last minute cruise on JOS and it was our first RCCL cruise. I loved your funny review and photos.

No whirlpool in the RCL Thermal Suite's, unless things have changed recently. Still totally worth the price though.

We will be checking this out first thing on board Monday. Thanks for the info. Maybe it is just me, but I can not find a thing on RCCL website regarding the Thermal Suite.