Calling all cider drinkers!

We will be on Liberty and Allure soon read a few threads (old ones) that mention Strongbow in the bottle in the pubs of Freedom. Can anyone verify if cider (Strongbow, Magners, yes we'll take Woodchuck too but prefer a good English or Irish cider) is being served on RC ships (Liberty and Allure)? Thank you! (crossing my fingers)

Sorry I am unable to answer your question, but it did make me smile, it is funny that you ask for Strongbow and Magners but go on to say you want a GOOD English Cider, neither of those would qualify. A really good cider would not be any one of those sterile clear ciders, but would be nice and cloudy.

Maybe as your screen name suggests you could try a large Rum Runner, strap it to your leg, although you might get some funny looks, if people consider it to be something else :D

We will be on Liberty and Allure soon read a few threads (old ones) that mention Strongbow in the bottle in the pubs of Freedom. Can anyone verify if cider (Strongbow, Magners, yes we'll take Woodchuck too but prefer a good English or Irish cider) is being served on RC ships (Liberty and Allure)? Thank you! (crossing my fingers)

We've definitely seen Strongbow on some of the ships. DH is a cider drinker and always looks, he won't touch Strongbow though, he drinks Blackthorn which they never have!

Julie

Unfortunately, being in America, cider is very hard to find and it's a treat to find ANY kind of cider served here and pretty much all we get is crappy American ciders (Woodchuck is the only decent American one in my opinion) or occasionally we can find something imported like Strongbow or Magners at pubs. It's rare to find cider here, so anything is good to us. I sure wish we had the opportunity to try more and get to develop a better knowledge of it. I would LOVE to try a nice cloudy cider!

Sorry I am unable to answer your question, but it did make me smile, it is funny that you ask for Strongbow and Magners but go on to say you want a GOOD English Cider, neither of those would qualify. A really good cider would not be any one of those sterile clear ciders, but would be nice and cloudy.

Maybe as your screen name suggests you could try a large Rum Runner, strap it to your leg, although you might get some funny looks, if people consider it to be something else :D

Thanks Kernow, I've had Blackthorn. We can actually find a pub 2 hours north of us that serves it but I find it awfully water. We can even buy it in Trader Joe's.

We've definitely seen Strongbow on some of the ships. DH is a cider drinker and always looks, he won't touch Strongbow though, he drinks Blackthorn which they never have!

Julie

Thanks Kim, I guess we ought to get our cider fix at the beginning of the cruise. LOL

They have Strongbow in the english pub, but availability is inconsistent, they don't stock a lot of it, and run out.

• 1 year later...

We enjoyed a new cider that came out this year (I think - I only got onto this cider this summer). It's Somersby Apple Cider from Denmark. Very tasty and refreshing and very hard to find it's that popular (at least where I am in the big smoke - Toronto).:D

RumRunner01 - Cider - the looney juice as I call it. I posted this question a few days ago and got no replies.

We are due to go on the Liberty of the seas soon(6th Oct) and my hubby is a cider drinker. He only drinks strongbow, however he will drink other ciders if SB not available, and no need to twist his arm either

Funny enough while in Florida a few years ago we found it in an off licience

( Liquor store)

I think I remember having Strongbow in the pub on Freedom.

Others are right-- ciders are hard to come by in the US. Very few bars have them, and when they do it's usually Woodchuck. Sometimes you can find an Irish pub that serves Strongbow or Magners. And not all supermarkets carry cider either. That said, I have noticed that it has become easier to find in the past several years, so maybe it's gaining popularity. I would love it if they ever start serving cider at sporting events, because I don't like beer and there aren't many other choices.

Archived