Random thoughts from Marina's 3rd voyage

Paulchili

didn't realize it would still be "on"....Kenneth would hate to miss that too..I know!!!:eek: Here's hoping!!! :p LuAnn

Yes, and 2 games Saturday while we are NYC. But NYC, theater etc all rates higher than the semi-final games. March Madness starts offically at our house tomorrow at noon. I have returned from the grocery with the week end supplies, our oldest daughter takes the Thursday and Friday afternoon as vacation from work work and she and her father watch the games together! ( And I watch them - it's a hoot)Sorry to get off topic so much.

We saw some of the final 16 games in Detroit 2 or 3 years ago. Initially we were quite far up but as the teams were defeated their supporters would leave and we ended up right in the front row. Amazing!

I am not a huge sports fan but have been watching ever since. Last March we were driving South for the school break and were able to listen on our new-for-the-occasion satellite radio. Very cool.

I loved that movie about the first black team to win. Can't remember the name of it but I have watched it several times!

Mo

As we were disembarking the ship, the local tourist office set up an information desk in the lobby and we saw that they were offering transfers to town for $10/pp each way on an hourly basis.

I had posted that info on the roll call & it was $5 pp one way

Just to jump in here on Paul's thread some comments

I found the dress on Marina some people dressed up some dressed down

It did not appear that the GDR staff stopped people wearing more casual attire

One night I saw a guy go in the GDR with dark jeans with a blazer over them, people in sneakers got past the entrance without a second look

so NO the dress code is not more upscale (only a select few) but seemed the same dress as on the small ships

DH insisted on taking his blazer so I made him wear it one night other than that it stayed in the closet

We missed several days due to a cold bug going around & then the Noro type bug. (we were not amused) :eek:

I spent most of the time in my cabin ...one with the extended deck (next door to Paulchili)

They are very deep but you are overlooked

They have put little wings on the panels so people cannot look into the neighbours balcony (I will post some pictures soon)

She is a very nice ship but maybe not for everyone

I will post my opinions soon (I know you all want to hear them) :D:D

Lyn

Just to jump in here on Paul's thread some comments

We missed several days due to a cold bug going around & then the Noro type bug. (we were not amused) :eek:

I spent most of the time in my cabin ...one with the extended deck (next door to Paulchili)

They are very deep but you are overlooked

They have put little wings on the panels so people cannot look into the neighbours balcony (I will post some pictures soon)

She is a very nice ship but maybe not for everyone

I will post my opinions soon (I know you all want to hear them) :D:D

Lyn

I am sorry to hear of you being under the weather during your voyage.

I am also in the B4 extended this May and in the process of booking for 2012. My TA is trying to talk me out of the extended. She feels that you are looked at from the upper decks. Is this what you also mean by being "overlooked"? I am looking forward to your pics since I do not know what a wing is. Thanks.

I am also in the B4 extended this May and in the process of booking for 2012. My TA is trying to talk me out of the extended. She feels that you are looked at from the upper decks. Is this what you also mean by being "overlooked"? I am looking forward to your pics since I do not know what a wing is. Thanks.

We just booked the Riviera MV (we were on Marina's MV too) and specifically asked NOT to be above the extended verandah B4 cabins, exactly because we did not want to "overlook" the folks on those verandahs.

Discussions on other threads, by folks who have stayed in those rooms, are mixed. I suggest you do your research before you book to see which opinion you find most appealing to you.

Part of the extended balconies can be seen from above, but the same amount as any other balcony is covered by the balcony above. If you keep your nude sunbathing or hi-jinx close to the sliding door, you will be no more overlooked than any other balcony.

However, the deeper within the balcony you are, the more your left and right vision is blocked by the long partitions extending away from you. You have to be out near the rail to get the same view as the shallow balconies, and at that point, you can be seen by all the balconies above, for what that's worth.

For that matter, the outside hot tubs in a couple of the Vista suites can be seen from the bridge.

Yes you are overlooked by cabins above if you go out to the railing

Pictures & review at

I will be uploading my photos later today check back tonight

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579712018jzqLzP

Review is at

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80302

Opinions vary;)

Lyn

[quote name='LHT28']Yes you are overlooked by cabins above if you go out to the railing

Pictures & review at
I will be uploading my photos later today check back tonight
[url]http://travel.webshots.com/album/579712018jzqLzP[/url]
Review is at
[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80302[/url]

Opinions vary;)

Lyn[/QUOTE]

Lyn,thanks for your very balanced review. The R ships sound better and better to us. Maybe it's just habit.;)

Archived