Chocolate Rum??

pacarolinagirl

A friend told me that I MUST get some chocolate rum when we're in St. Thomas. Is there anywhere near the cruiseports that sells it. We're doing an all day excursion so I know we won't have time to go anywhere else for it. :cool:

We got ours at the A.H. Riise in downtown Charlotte Amalie. So, if you are doing a tour that includes shopping downtown, you can purchase it there. They will deliver it to the ship for you, so you don't have to lug it around all day. First time I tried doing this, I was skeptical of paying and just trusting that my liquor would be delivered, but they are good to their word. Done it several times with no problem.

The Chocolate Rum is to die for!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to have to find some chocolate rum. It sounds delicious and I bet it would make a good substitute in cake frosting instead of extract. I too would think the rum balls would be particularly savoury with chocolate rum instead of plain.

They have special liquor travel boxes, and some new thing where they kind of wrap it in a balloon so you can pack it in your luggage, but that costs extra. $1 a bottle, I think.

Please post any recipes you try with this rum!

• 4 months later...

Archived