Hiding and Iron in Luggage

kgirlcruise

Does anybody have any good tips on where I can hide a travel iron in my luggage for the cruise??? We've always traveled with an iron in our luggage and have never in the past had any problems with taking the iron onboard. Our last cruise, they took away the iron and left it at the port for us to pick up on our way out/home. Can I wrap it good in something? pack it in the middle of some stuff good enough to hide it?!?!

Does anybody have any good tips on where I can hide a travel iron in my luggage for the cruise??? We've always traveled with an iron in our luggage and have never in the past had any problems with taking the iron onboard. Our last cruise, they took away the iron and left it at the port for us to pick up on our way out/home. Can I wrap it good in something? pack it in the middle of some stuff good enough to hide it?!?!

They are not allowed use the free ones provided in the laundry rooms onbaord..

• Like 2

Why don't you just follow the rules and leave it at home. There are irons to use on about every floor.... just a thought

• Like 4

I don't think you will get much help with this here. Most people agree with the policy on irons and they are provided on the ships. I have not once felt the need to iron anything while on a cruise!:eek:

• Like 4

Irons may overheat the minimal wiring on a ship and cause a fire. Why not leave it home and be safe? If you do decide to take one on board, I hope it's discovered during check-in. I'd hate to have a cruise ruined by a fire.

• Like 3

A lead-lined suitcase the x-rays can't see.

I hope this is a prank.

With the danger of fire on cruise ships so high I cannot believe that anyone would really bring one to use in their room when there are laundry rooms available in several places on the ship to iron to your heart's content. I can only imagine how well the clothes are ironed using the vanity or bed as an ironing board.

How thoughtless.

If this isn't a prank, I hope you get caught and sent to the naughty room.

• Like 1

If your upcoming cruise is on Royal Carib, why ask this question in the Carnival forum? For the ultimate hiding place I suggest you stuff it in a body cavity.

• Like 2

Who the heck would want to iron on vacation, anyway?

I don't even iron at home, just take the stuff out of the dryer while it's warm and use Downy wrinkle relaxer..

Ironing is a total waste of time (that I'd rather spend online reading about cruising :D )

• Like 2

Trust me... I will not say anything if your clothes are wrinkled! ;) Leave the 100% linen at home (and the iron) -- look at one of the packing sites and see how seasoned travelers do it.

Or you could bring along Lindsay Lohan's stylist and not have to worry about a thing! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I bet you wish you wouldn't have asked!! LOL

I agree, who wants to iron on vacation. Leave the iron at home and do not endanger others.

I think all the fires have been started by candles or cigarettes, but, all they need to do is pack the clothes individually in dry cleaner bags.

• 4 weeks later...

Which "packing sites" do you recommend? I had thought to bring a travel iron as well, but did not know (until now) that they were forbidden. I'll certainly not do that now, obviously. But I do so wish to not look tousled. So URLs would be helpful, if you please.

I have heard about rolling up clothes, and am running a test on my cotton shirts now. I can't imagine how this will not be a disaster, but I'm trying 'cause my wife said she did it for Europe when she was in high school (that's how long it's been since she had to pack like this, bless her). We'll see.

Which "packing sites" do you recommend? I had thought to bring a travel iron as well, but did not know (until now) that they were forbidden. I'll certainly not do that now, obviously. But I do so wish to not look tousled. So URLs would be helpful, if you please.

I have heard about rolling up clothes, and am running a test on my cotton shirts now. I can't imagine how this will not be a disaster, but I'm trying 'cause my wife said she did it for Europe when she was in high school (that's how long it's been since she had to pack like this, bless her). We'll see.

Roll your cotton....When you are taking your shower to get ready for dinner, hang shirt/pants in shower so they get somewhat steamed which will help dewrinkle. Also take some downy wrinkle release and if that isn't good enough for you not to look "tousled" then there are irons in the laundry rooms on board that are free to use.

• Like 1

I think the OP surely couldnt have been serious...I think Ill start a thread asking how to smuggle candles on board.

have you noticed a lot more posts about stuff that gets people riled up?

But they are from people with low post so maybe --just maybe they dont know the rules--

Kinda wondering is all