freedom dining

trinty

hi were going on are first cruise so not sure what were getting were going on azura march 2012 ,im comfused about freedom dining this what i have choose do we eat somewhere else from the club diners do you think ive made the right choice thank for advice

hi were going on are first cruise so not sure what were getting were going on azura march 2012 ,im comfused about freedom dining this what i have choose do we eat somewhere else from the club diners do you think ive made the right choice thank for advice

Yes you do eat separately from club diners. There are three main restaurants, Peninsular, Oriental and Meridian. I believe the latter is used for Freedom dining. The menu, food and dress code is exactly the same in all three, the only difference is that on Freedom you are free to go at any time within the opening hours, which are around 6pm-9:30pm.

Freedom or Club only applies in the evening. At other times for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, it is free seating, which means you just get shown to a table as you arrive. Not all three restaurants will be open, maybe just two and only one for afternoon tea.

In addition the self service restaurant, Verona/Venezia is open virtually 24 hours. In the evening they do a themed dinner, i.e. Chinese, Indian, Italian etc and there is an Italian waiter served section that operates on a first come first served basis.

Brian

People have their own preferences. Club dining = set dining times with the same table mates and same waiters throughout the cruise. Freedom dining = flexible dining times on a table size of your choice, different table each night, same menu as Club dining, different waiters each night. You arrive when you choose and are seated immediately or if they are busy are given a pager and buzzed when a table becomes free.

We have cruised 3 times and gone for Freedom dining each time due to the flexibility. You choose your dining time around your days' activities and can tailor it around show times etc. You can chose to eat just with your party or share a table with different people each night.

Archived