Radiance class aft cabins....

Just off the Radiance yesterday, with first time in one of the favored aft cabins. #9256 corner aft. Loved it! :D

My question is to all of you fellow aft lovers....is #1100 JS worth the extra cost for the bigger cabin and slightly bigger balcony? Have never seen this cabin, but heard many rave about it. Would have been almost a grand more to upgrade to that cabin for my 5 night, and from what I can see...is approaching 2 grand more for an Alaskan 7 night. That buys a lot of shore excursions! :eek:

If you were happy in the cabin you had, stick to it. I think a JS is a grand way to cruise...I love the tub and walk-in closet, but you said it yourself...that extra money will buy alot of excursions...and in Alaska, they ARE expensive!

If you were happy in the cabin you had, stick to it. I think a JS is a grand way to cruise...I love the tub and walk-in closet, but you said it yourself...that extra money will buy alot of excursions...and in Alaska, they ARE expensive!

Thanks, cb. :)

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

I have had GS cabins on both Freedom and Mariner, plus JS cabins on the Monarch. I love that extra room, but those are even more expensive for me on my newly "abreviated" retiree income. ;)

The cabin size is really not so important, as is the balcony size and location. We spend a lot of time out there.

Just off the Radiance yesterday, with first time in one of the favored aft cabins. #9256 corner aft. Loved it! :D

My question is to all of you fellow aft lovers....is #1100 JS worth the extra cost for the bigger cabin and slightly bigger balcony? Have never seen this cabin, but heard many rave about it. Would have been almost a grand more to upgrade to that cabin for my 5 night, and from what I can see...is approaching 2 grand more for an Alaskan 7 night. That buys a lot of shore excursions! :eek:

I've been in both 1100 and 9256 and IMHO no, it's not worth it. I stick with 9256 now, every time.

Thanks!

We have 9256 on sister ship BOS for 12 nights in September!

I am happy to hear you loved it on Radiance.:D

Thank you to you both for your help!! :)

You have helped me make the decision to stay with the D2 #9256 and save the money for shore excursions. I am sure JS #1100 is wonderful, but since I was happy with what we had....why indeed change? ;)

Happy cruising! :D

Thank you to you both for your help!! :)

You have helped me make the decision to stay with the D2 #9256 and save the money for shore excursions. I am sure JS #1100 is wonderful, but since I was happy with what we had....why indeed change? ;)

Happy cruising! :D

Good for you-- enjoy having that money in your pocket.

9256 doesn't get the chair scraping from the Winjammer that 1100 gets, either!

You're very welcome-- have fun!

Linda

Good for you-- enjoy having that money in your pocket.

9256 doesn't get the chair scraping from the Winjammer that 1100 gets, either!

You're very welcome-- have fun!

Linda

Ahh yes...another fine reason to stick to deck 9. Being a light sleeper, I have had many interupted nights from noises over head sleeping in a deck 10 cabin. Sounded like construction crews working up there!!

Deck nine is indeed much quieter, unless we have high seas...then it is "the creaking ship".....much like the sound track in a haunted house movie!! :eek: :eek:

Archived