Barcelona private guides- Help

We will be in Barcelona Sept. 1st to the 3rd when we board our regent mariner cruise. Would love some recommendations for private guides. I feel we will see more with a guide and driver. Woodbury Girl

We used Spanish Trails Adventure for our day in Barcelona. In the morning, we went to Montserrat. Our driver, Saskia, was delightful and very knowledgeable. After our tour of Montserrat, she took us to a wonderful Catalonian restaurant, great food and great wine. I learned how to drink wine from a Porron.

After lunch, she took us back into Barcelona, we changed drivers for our City Highlights tour. We saw so much in a short amount of time. I hope to go back someday, Barcelona is a wonderful and vibrant city.

I highly recommend Spanish Trails, they will make the most of your short time!

http://www.spanish-trails.com/

We also used Spanish Trails, but for a tour of some Costa Brava villages +Girona.

The tourist office has a nice walking tour of the old part of the city every morning. Not sure I'd use a private guide for IN the city since it is an easy place to maneuver with

metro and taxis or even on the hop on hop off buses!

We just got back from Barcelona in September. At the port, we found a private driver with a very nice like new van to take us from the ship on half day tour and then drop off at the airport. His price was very reasonable and he spoke very good English. There is plenty of room for passengers and luggage.

Bernie Sagana is his name.

His email is bsagana@gmail.com and his cell # is 0034 637 411 348

He is available for transfers or tours

Tell him that Monica and Chris say hello.

We will be in Barcelona Sept. 1st to the 3rd when we board our regent mariner cruise. Would love some recommendations for private guides.
I'll give another thumbs-up for Spanish Trails, a small company owned by an American couple with well-established contacts in the travel industry in Spain. They have a wide range of tour options that you can accept as offered or tailor-make to your specs. We used them last year for a custom 2-day trip to Girona (overnite), Figueres, Costa Brava and several medieval villages in the Spanish Pyrenees. They did a superb job of itinerary planning, expert guiding and on-site logistics. We had a great time and would certainly use them again for any independent touring. But as others have noted, Barcelona is a great walking city and it's very possible to cover the main sites by foot and HOHO without a personal guide.

I completely agree with recommending Jose Soler www.pepitotours.com.

I just came back from my 3rd time in Barcelona & 4th tour with Jose. All excellent. He's engaging & knowledeable.

On my very first trip, I used him for my early AM Airport arrival pick-up & we immediately did his 1/2 day "Barcelona Highlights Tour" as hotel

check-in wasn't until 3pm. This was a perfect way to get an overview of

Barcelona. He took me to tour some of the farther points like, Park Guell, Montjuic, Familia & a guided walk of a good part of the Barri Gotic. He then oriented me with the areas I could walk on my own from my hotel the next day and a half. Worked perfectly for me. It was easy to do all of the modernista bldgs.on Passeig de Gracia, Ramblas, the Market, and more of Gotic on my own by walking.

On sailing day, he again collected me & my luggage and we did the 1/2 tour to Montserrat and he had me at the cruise ship by 2pm.

He uses a driver, which frees him up to guide along the way & made it easy to be dropped off & then picked up at the end of our walks without backtracking.

I've also done his tours to Girona & Costa Brava and one to Besalu.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Martha

• 2 weeks later...
I completely agree with recommending Jose Soler www.pepitotours.com.

I just came back from my 3rd time in Barcelona & 4th tour with Jose. All excellent. He's engaging & knowledeable.

On my very first trip, I used him for my early AM Airport arrival pick-up & we immediately did his 1/2 day "Barcelona Highlights Tour" as hotel

check-in wasn't until 3pm. This was a perfect way to get an overview of

Barcelona. He took me to tour some of the farther points like, Park Guell, Montjuic, Familia & a guided walk of a good part of the Barri Gotic. He then oriented me with the areas I could walk on my own from my hotel the next day and a half. Worked perfectly for me. It was easy to do all of the modernista bldgs.on Passeig de Gracia, Ramblas, the Market, and more of Gotic on my own by walking.

On sailing day, he again collected me & my luggage and we did the 1/2 tour to Montserrat and he had me at the cruise ship by 2pm.

He uses a driver, which frees him up to guide along the way & made it easy to be dropped off & then picked up at the end of our walks without backtracking.

I've also done his tours to Girona & Costa Brava and one to Besalu.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Martha

I would also highly recommend Jose Soler's Pepito Tours, especially for first timers to Barcelona. We also did the 1/2 day highlights tour with our guide, Carlos, after he picked us up at the airport. Since check-in for the hotel was not until 2:00 p.m. and our flight arrived at 9:30 a.m., this was an excellent way to spend our time while waiting for our rooms to be ready. Our luggage was in the vehicle the entire time under the watchful eye of the driver that drove while Carlos gave us the tour.

We did not use him for the transfer to the ship from the hotel, but we did use him for the transfer to the airport from the ship.

Although a little pricey, it was worth it and completely stress free.

Archived