Help with Miami transportation, hotels

We are taking the Majesty this summer and flying into Fort Lauderdale. Looking for suggestions on transportation companies to Miami and hotels close to the port, as we will be coming in a day early.

I would go to the FL departure board for latest updates on whats the best deal. Most people use SAS shuttle from FLL airport to the hotel. We got Intercontinental, a 5 star at Bayside, where we could see the ship come in for $84 last fall on lastminutetravel.

I, trying to stay as cheaply as possible, booked a FLL airport hotel on Priceline for around $50 and ended up with the Summerfield Suites which had a free shuttle. I had SAS pick me up the next day ($15/pp) and take me to the PoM. Great experience all around.

We just did the same. Booked the Holiday Inn Dorval (just north of the airport)...104.00 taxes in. It wasn't a 5 star by any means, but it was a very clean place to stay for the night. The service and breakfast were very good also. They will arrange a shuttle to the cruise port at $19. per person taxes in if you tell the night before when you check in.

If you want to stay in Miami near the port, the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn Port of Miami are both very nice and very close to the port. If your room faces the water, you can see the ships. Cab fare from the airport to either of these is about $20. Both hotels are a short walk from Bayside Marketplace, a great place to shop or eat. There are several nice restaurants there. Cab fare from the hotel to the pier is about $10.

Archived