June 2010 booking promotion for OBC..Beware!

I just returned from Serenade and had a problem getting my June promotion OBC credited. Has anyone else had a problem? I had to go to Guest Services twice with printed proof of the OBC from RCI. The first young woman absolutely did NOT understand what the problem was. The next day I asked to see the chief purser and was told she was not available(what a surprise). But the woman I spoke with at that point, (her name tag specified she was a Guest Relations Officer) offered to call my TA and sent her own e-mail to Miami outlining my situation. She did "get it", tho' if I had not had printed proof on my TA confirmation, I don't believe she could have been of any help. At the end of the day, between this officer and my TA the OBC was credited to my Seapass account. But, if I had not had a printout of the OBC confirmation , I would not have gotten the $100 OBC from that June booking promotion.

Glad you got resolution, but it's too bad you had to fight so hard. But ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE should bring printed proof of any sort of OBC, vouchers for specialty restaurants, pre-paid gratuities, etc.

Do NOT count on the TA and RCCL to get it right on your behalf. BRING PROOF!!! :)

I had a problem too ...I booked thru C&A and they put in the wrong code, (completely wrong), and then I had to go thru three agents until one knew the code 3 months later when I found out something was wrong.

The code they put in wasnt compatible with the C&A coupon I was combining so it fell off and it was a mess.

I had always thought C&A would be better and dont know how they turned it into a mess.

Can you tell me what type of confirmation you had received? I also booked 3 cabins during that promotion but I have no paperwork showing the OBC. I was told over the phone by the booking agent that we will receive the obc but I did not receive anything in writing. We don't sail until June but I will not have any kind of confirmation to show them if we have a problem.

Can you tell me what type of confirmation you had received? I also booked 3 cabins during that promotion but I have no paperwork showing the OBC. I was told over the phone by the booking agent that we will receive the obc but I did not receive anything in writing. We don't sail until June but I will not have any kind of confirmation to show them if we have a problem.

This has happened to me many times

Get confirmation of OBC given, with your booking ref from Booking agent or RCCL , by email & print a copy or in writing & take it with you.

Request a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. Your OBC will be coded under Booking Charges.

I have never had a problem with an OBC showing up . . BUT, and this is a big BUT . ... it always takes at least 2 days into the cruise for it to show up. If on the 4th day it didn't show up, I would go to Guest Relations.

But it is always good to have printed confirmation of any credits . ..

Visa points, shareholder credit or TA OBC.

How do I do this? Typically when I call RCCL they ask if I have a Travel Agent and once they find out that I do, the door slams shut.

You get in touch with your travel agent and tell them that you want an email confirmation or printed out copy of your credit.

Thank you for posting this. I had originally booked our upcoming Oasis cruise in March 2010, but cancelled and rebooked in June after being GUARANTEED that I would be entitled to the OBC for our 3 cabins.

I just called RCI and they don't show OBC anywhere on ANY of our reservations! :mad:

Currently on hold hoping to get this straightened out!

Sweetpea, Hang in there. If RCI shows you booked in June, they should KNOW you were entitled to OBC as ALL June bookings were entitled to this. Point this out to the next person you speak with if you don't get satisfaction. Also, my TA still has the records of my June bookings, so if you need some sort of proof that there WAS a June promotion for OBC, I might be able to get something from her that shows what the promotion was if that would help you.

Is this the code for the June booking promotion - AD13-$150 onbrdcr ?

The only confirmation I have is a copy of my RCCI booking - is this sufficient?

Thanks

That code looks to be in line with an OBC received for booking on board........or in this case the Special Promo in June that C&A was doing. This would be the same code that should appear on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI.

I had the same problem when I called this morning to get a confirmation sent to me. They told me they had no record of any OBC. I spoke to 2 different people and got nowhere. Neither knew anything about the promotion last June. I hung up and called back to the C&A number and had it resolved in about 5 minutes. The lady at the C&A number verified the obc on all 3 of my reservations and emailed me new booking confirmations. The new confirmations show AD12-$100 ONBRDCR. Thanks for everyone's help.

Thank you for posting this. I had originally booked our upcoming Oasis cruise in March 2010, but cancelled and rebooked in June after being GUARANTEED that I would be entitled to the OBC for our 3 cabins.

I just called RCI and they don't show OBC anywhere on ANY of our reservations! :mad:

Currently on hold hoping to get this straightened out!

It took 2 phone calls and over 1.5 HOURS on the phone, but it is all straightened out. I'm waiting for the confirms.

Im so glad someone posted on this. I also booked because of this promotion but I did Not get a code or confirmation number or anything. I really dont have anything to show for the obc. Now I am very concerned that I will not get it. Without a code or any verification how do I go about getting the obc, what can I do? Thanks

How do you do this? Is there a place online to request it or do you have to call RCI directly?

If you booked directly with RCI, then you can call them yourself and request your invoice.

If you booked through a TA, then they must request it for you.

Im so glad someone posted on this. I also booked because of this promotion but I did Not get a code or confirmation number or anything. I really dont have anything to show for the obc. Now I am very concerned that I will not get it. Without a code or any verification how do I go about getting the obc, what can I do? Thanks

They might not show the obc until final payment, then it shows up on the Booking Confirmation. I just paid off a cruise that I booked last June and the invoice showing final payment didn't have my obc on it. My TA had to go back and get them to add it in, and then send me a revised final.

Prior to this I transferred the booking to a different cruise, added tips, and got a price drop. None of the Booking Confirmations showed the obc. But, after final payment they are supposed to show it.

By the way, NEVER cancel a cruise and rebook if you have obc: you might lose it. ALWAYS transfer the booking, keeping the same booking number.

The first call I made NO-ONE knew anything about the June OBC promotion. :( Spend well over a 1/2 hour going back and forth explaining the OBC, unfortunately I was calling from work and didn't have the pape I printed from the RCI website.

Then I found the code posted on CC (AD-12 for a 7 night cruise) and called back. It took close to 50 minutes, but I did get the OBC posted to all 3 cabins and received the confirmations.

If you booked directly thru RCI call them and ask if the OBC is on your account. If you booked thru a TA have them call and check.

I had similar experience with the obc from the wow sale in September. Thankfully it was sorted out and I even received a phone call from customer services explaining what had happened. I just find it incredable that people are calling and nobody knows anything about these promotions. Come on they don't have that many and June's promotion was quite a big one. Could it be that Royal Caribbean has a rapid staff turnover? At least the passengers are loyal and stick in there.

Great advice....I just called the C/A and within 5 minutes had my obc applied and an email confirmation I will print and take with me. If not for you guys I would probably have lost my obc. The guy was nice, told him when I booked and he put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and told me I had it put on my account. Nice.... so, for anyone that did book back in June just call them, not RC, and get your credit.

Archived