Children's Tips

jilllofalltrades

Tips are automatically added to your onboard charge account every night for every person. (Personally, I'd rather take it as one lump sum at either the beginning or the end vs seeing "$10.50" each day for each person.) You also can't really "put" $50 and then cap the child out; you can put cash on the account at the purser's desk but I don't believe that you can cut them off at a certain $ amount (at least on other lines you can't.) That will have to be a contract you make with your kids yourself (as in,"I'm going to check your account and monitor it.")

I've been cruising with DD since she was 8 and she never spends (on the ship) what her allowance is. She'd rather spend it in the ports on trinkets vs a $3.95 smoothie, but that's just my experience.

We are a family of 4. Will I need to put money on my children's account to cover their tips or will their tips be added to my account? I plan to put $50 each on them for spending money but will I need to put $120 so that their tips can be covered?

How old are your children? On the first Princess cruise we took our children on my youngest was 10 and my oldest was 13. We purchased each of them a soda card so I wounldn't have to worry about the bill at the end. At that time they had an up charge for ice cream. My youngest thought it was free and he would stop on his way back from the kids group on a daily basis to get a Sundae. I did check the account mid week and noticed the charge. After I let him know it wasn't free he asked if he could get it. Now if your children are older in their late teens you would have to worry about the jewelry store on board.

Archived