marnier status upgrade

irishjim

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever requested a status upgrade on board the ship and what were the results?DW and I will be on board ms Prinsendam leaving Ft Lauderdale in May and are two days short of 4star status.We got an E-Mail from HAL and told us to ask for the upgrade when we reach New York as this would be the start of a segment of the cruise,we are on board for all 45days.

I am not holding my breath but it would be so nice if they did give us 4stars.What are the chances?

Jim:D:D:D

there is a FAQ on hal's websitte that address this: http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

How quickly will my Cruise Day status be updated after I return from a cruise?

Seven to ten days after your cruise or cruisetour ends.

QA.jpgIf I become eligible for a higher benefit tier while onboard, when can I take advantage of the additional benefits?

For all cruises except Grand Voyages, your elevated benefits will take effect on your next Holland America Line cruise. If you cross a star level threshold while on board a Grand Voyage (based on days sailed), you will be upgraded to your new star level for the remainder of that voyage.

the simple answer seems to be 'maybe'.

did you book this as 2 separate cruises (two booking numbers)? if so, it would appear you should be upgraded on the 2nd cruise.

you said 45 days, is this a 'grand cruise'?

I think there is more chance of a b-to-b having raised status recognized on second segment than on a Collector's Cruise.

Please let us know what happens.

Good luck.

The four star status may not be exact science. Right now according to our figures we should be 4 Star with 201 cruise day credits. HAL lost a 14 day cruise and declined to make the correction. Anyway, our next cruise, a 13 day booking, should finally get us to four star, and throretically HAL will recognize that for our cruise in August.

If this thread is still going in August, I'll come back and post the results. Actually, we just love cruising, with or without the pin.:o

Actually, we just love cruising, with or without the pin.:o

There a little more than just the pin. The 4-star increases your discounts from 25% to 50% and adds some other things:

A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges, wine packages†, beverages in the Explorations Café† and all mini-bar purchases†

A complimentary winetasting session

Complimentary laundry and pressing services†

A 15% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)

A 15% discount on merchandise from http://www.shophollandamerica.com

Priority disembarkation†

Priority tender†

Priority check-in†

The four star status may not be exact science. Right now according to our figures we should be 4 Star with 201 cruise day credits. HAL lost a 14 day cruise and declined to make the correction. Anyway, our next cruise, a 13 day booking, should finally get us to four star, and throretically HAL will recognize that for our cruise in August.

If this thread is still going in August, I'll come back and post the results. Actually, we just love cruising, with or without the pin.:o

If you know the date of that cruise, the ship, have any sort of evidence such as final bill, ship's ID, a credit card statement reflecting payment to HAL, a cancelled check, TA confirmation, even a boarding photo with a ship name/date .... anything at all, you will find HAL is almost always very cooperative and helpful in getting prior cruises credited. We've read lots of times HAL gave people those days. Do you have any specific info about it?

Thanks everyone for your input and help to my question.I booked this as a 45day cruise and allthough I may have to wait until my next cruise in December I still intend to check with the front office when I reach NY.:D:D:D

Cant wait to go.

Jim.

Thanks everyone for your input and help to my question.I booked this as a 45day cruise and allthough I may have to wait until my next cruise in December I still intend to check with the front office when I reach NY.:D:D:D

Cant wait to go.

Jim.

good luck - do please share with us when you get back and let us know how you made out. Have a wonderful time on your cruise :D:D

Archived