Is the 2:30 ckeck in for a 4:00 pm sail time a true cut-off time?

dkdoob

Hi,

Has anyone tried to check in after 2:30 for a 4:00pm cruise out of Miami?

I am curious in case of any travel issues.

Thanks for any help,

Dave

yeS, you must be on the ship an hour and half before departure.

The ship has to submit their full manifest no later than 60 minutes before they sail, so if you are planning when to arrive, think of that 90 minutes as an absolute cutoff that you don't want to go over. Yes, you might be able to get onboard after that 90 minute deadline (or even the 60 minute deadline because they sometimes do push back sailaway), but for planning purposes don't cut it close.

Thanks for the replies.

I couldn't understand why the last Carnival transfer left MIA at 2:30 with a 2:30 board time. It's a short ride, but traffic there is usually pretty heavy.

Has anyone pushed the 3:00pm board time?

Thanks again,

Dave

If you are running late, there is a number on your docs to call and inform Carnival. If you are in a Taxi to the airport and on your way 90 minutes prior to sailing, they just may put you on the manifest in anticipation of your imminent arrival, and speed you aboard.

If they do not hear from you and you just show up it could be a different story.

Thanks for the replies.

I couldn't understand why the last Carnival transfer left MIA at 2:30 with a 2:30 board time. It's a short ride, but traffic there is usually pretty heavy.

Has anyone pushed the 3:00pm board time?

Thanks again,

Dave

We were very late getting into Miami from Montreal on our 1st cruise. I'm sure we only boarded well after 3:00 because our flight only arrived at 2:30pm. Luckily, our baggage came off the plane quickly...and we made the ship.

Don't chance it - we saw another couple on their honeymoon in tears beause they missed their cruise. Felt terrible for them :(

Great idea to stay in touch with Carnival.

I just spoke to them, they say as long as your plane lands by 2:30 their transfer will be there. So, we have 45 minutes.

We'll keep an eye on the weather up here. If we have to change flights, so be it. And if we get stuck in Miami, and fly to St. Thomas.....etc.,etc., etc. At least it will be warm. :)

Note to self: Don't book the flights that far in advance (last May) because your head was clouded with thoughts of a cruise.

Thanks everyone!

Dave

Archived