Activity Schedule (not sure what NCL calls it) for Jewel

callmebetty

Looking for the latest blue Jewel "Daily" for 7 day NYC-Florida-Bahamas sailing, here's ours from Feb. 13, 2011 sailing with the Nick. theme, NOT the special "Full Access" - it's fairly similiar to earlier ones for the most part from what I can see.

Known as the NCL "Freestyle Daily" for the Jewel - took me a while since getting back to get it all scanned, compressed & uploaded it to my travel webshots site (7 days x 4 pages) photo album in JPG format.

In addition, it has 3 pages for the Disembarkation for arriving back in NYC's Pier 88 (assigned berth # subject to change depending on ships in port on a given day, please check your sailings for updated info.)

Plus, the door knob card for ordering Breakfast Order from Room Service (6:30 am to 10:00 am, except on the last morning) - simple, continental style: perfect for those fairly good hot coffee and milk/juice that you can keep in the cabin's "Mini Bar" or barely cold Refrigerator (rated at 1.1 cu.ft.) once you ask your room steward to empty it out to keep your own items inside - i.e. iced tea & filtered water from the buffet. (Tip: took our own BPA-free sport bottle & oversized thermos) :cool:

Info on the Freestyle Cruise Reward: credits available only for purchase onboard during your sailing also posted. :p

Incorporated into latter part of the NYC-FL-Bahamas cruise photo album, our "journal & cruise review" link is under my CC's signature - need anything else posted or to share, feel free to ask and if avaiable, will scan & upload it when I get the chance to. :D

Have fun planning & cruising .... :)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2682324300105161613LgAqCf

1816129942_JewelDaily1-Sun02_13.11_0001.jpg.ecabd9c989f255132048635caff65074.jpg

1871477836_Jewel-DisembarkationNYC2011_0001.jpg.a2ff30af037d0a594ebe889de49aefba.jpg

Looking for the latest blue Jewel "Daily" for 7 day NYC-Florida-Bahamas sailing, here's ours from Feb. 13, 2011 sailing with the Nick. theme, NOT the special "Full Access" - it's fairly similiar to earlier ones for the most part from what I can see.

Known as the NCL "Freestyle Daily" for the Jewel - took me a while since getting back to get it all scanned, compressed & uploaded it to my travel webshots site (7 days x 4 pages) photo album in JPG format.

In addition, it has 3 pages for the Disembarkation for arriving back in NYC's Pier 88 (assigned berth # subject to change depending on ships in port on a given day, please check your sailings for updated info.)

Plus, the door knob card for ordering Breakfast Order from Room Service (6:30 am to 10:00 am, except on the last morning) - simple, continental style: perfect for those fairly good hot coffee and milk/juice that you can keep in the cabin's "Mini Bar" or barely cold Refrigerator (rated at 1.1 cu.ft.) once you ask your room steward to empty it out to keep your own items inside - i.e. iced tea & filtered water from the buffet. (Tip: took our own BPA-free sport bottle & oversized thermos) :cool:

Info on the Freestyle Cruise Reward: credits available only for purchase onboard during your sailing also posted. :p

Incorporated into latter part of the NYC-FL-Bahamas cruise photo album, our "journal & cruise review" link is under my CC's signature - need anything else posted or to share, feel free to ask and if avaiable, will scan & upload it when I get the chance to. :D

Have fun planning & cruising .... :)

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2682324300105161613LgAqCf

mking8288--I may ask this again elsewhere. On the daily for 2/13 (second page) they mention a coffe card and thermos that can be bought at Java Cafe. Do you know anything about this. I was under the impression that NCL did not have coffee cards.

mking8288-- On the daily for 2/13 (second page) they mention a coffee card and thermos that can be bought at Java Cafe .... I was under the impression that NCL did not have coffee cards.

I've seen a few people walking around with a tall, thin plastic thermos during the week, but under the impression it's for the unlimited soda program (but, one can ask/get the sticker to be placed on the Guest Room Key or Card) - wasn't exactly the "nicer" quality they sold in the Gift Shop.

(BTW, the NCL-logo stainless steel, insulated thermos were sale priced 50% off at $9.99 on the last full sea days in the lobby)

FWIK, it's NOT an unlimited coffee card b/c it would be great for my daily caffeine "fix" and one less thing to take along - worked like a debit card and the thermos itself probably really isn't free but given to you for a discount (translation - incentives to drink more specialty coffee vs. the house brand in the cafe or from room service.) And, yes - those served in the MDR were pretty weak & watered down for my taste buds. :p

Java Cafe was never busy and for our week onboard, really didn't see a crowd there lined up for coffee and the "Coffee of the Day" as you can see in the posted "Daily" is Beatrice for $5.50 (+12% service charge) for pretty much the entire week.

The Starbucks Frappuccino (9.5 oz glass bottled) inside the stateroom's mini bar is priced at $5.25 (+ 12% SC) and really overpriced vs. getting it locally at less than $2 each.

There're some discussions further back in the pages, search the threads and you should come up with more discussions about the onboard specialty coffee schemes, as I remember scrolling thru them not too long ago & didn't pay much attention to it.

P.S. I missed the dedicated brew-to-order/free cappuccino/expresso machine available on the POA's buffet, looked all over in the Garden Cafe in the Jewel and didn't see them, looks like they are gone for good - probably part of the budget saving trims to help overall prices down ....:D

Thanks for your reply. As you can tell by looking at the threads, I am looking for the definitive answer. I enjoyed your pictures and am so looking forward to our July cruise. All I want is good coffee whenever I want it. Is that too much to ask?? :D

Do you remember if there were any specials at the pay restaurants? With five of us we are really hoping for a 2 for 1 on embarkation day or a port day.

The Jewel has been sailing full lately from what I'm reading here and NCL did not offer any specials for the specialty: no Early Birds, no lunch discounts, no 2 for 1, etc. whatsoever during our time onboard. We had 11 people in our "gang" and I was scouting things out daily & disappointed, as we've done # of sailings on other NCL ships and there's usually something, but nothing.

The other thing "offered" is one of those "e-coupon" specials attached to the e-Docs for Le Bistro Dining (pay for 2 at regular price and get 1 free at the next meal in Mama/Italian.) Except that we saw more folks dining in Chin Chin/Asian Fusion than at the Mama's (apparently not very popular - so it's just a gimmick to drum up $$ for business)

Also, offering more theme-based lunch in the specialty, especially on Sea Days with ship full of folks, at extra $$ of course ($15 p/p) - hence, the same Lunch Menu in the MDR for 7 days - but, rotating choices in the Garden Cafe.

Oh, I almost forgot - if you sign up onboard of NCL-branded credit card and is approved, you get free dinner for 2 at Le Bistro - go figure if it's worth getting.

We don't cruise for the buffets but it is nice if you get a huge appetite as they do have decent "Stations" for Pasta, BBQ/Grill, Indian, Chinese/Asian Fusion, Soup & of course, tons of Desserts. My favorite stopover at breakfast is the fresh pineapple chunks after getting my filtered water topped off.

More NCL Jewel Dailies posted by "Crimmer" from 27 Feb. NYC Bahamas sailing for those of you looking for the fine details ....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1375616

Happy planning & cruising .... :)

Archived