Sapphire Princess, 10 mor days!

Parrothead420

We've never been on Sapphire before, but two years ago we sailed on Pacific for a 14 day Alaska. Vowed then that we would do Princess again. I felt very well taken care of and pampered.

Enjoy the cruise. Maybe we'll bump into each other.

Debbie

You'll have a good time. I sailed on the Sapphire a year ago and we loved her. It was a great cruise. Here's my tips. I can't remember which dining room has the fajitas, but try them if you like Mexican food. Honestly, they're nothing like fajitas I've had elsewhere, but I liked them. As another person said, don't miss Pub Lunch on sea days. They had two of them on my cruise with different menus. Take binoculors and watch for whales. I saw tons of whales from my balcony (I went in Feb). Try the pizza. It's really good. You can order pizza to your cabin for a small delivery charge. On one of our port days, we ordered pizzas and had a pizza and gin & tonic party on our balconies. It was a great relaxing day.

Have fun!

Look for the special themed lunch buffets(Italian, Mexican, Oriental(sushi) out by the Calypso pool, Deck 14 aft. Also an amazing dessert buffet which I think was called "The Ultimate Deck Party" one of the evenings. Sapphire Princess is a lovely ship..easy to get around and has the enclosed pool which is wonderful if it is too windy and cool on the outside open deck. And thank goodness, for me,there was no Music Under the Stars!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

We'll be sailing with you. It'll be our 6th time of the Sapphire.

We love that ship. No special tips -- it is more laid back than

Carnival. We like to go up to Skywalker's during the day to read our books

quietly. It's a great view of the ship and sea from there

Make sure you call the DINE line as soon as you board to make reservations

for the first couple nights if you have anytime/personal choice dining.

Sometimes you have to call every single night to reserve. Sometimes

you can reserved for the first couple of days only and then on the

3rd day you can make reservatoions for the remainder of the trip.

I can't remember which dining room has the fajitas, but try them if you like Mexican food. Honestly, they're nothing like fajitas I've had elsewhere, but I liked them.

You can order them at dinner in any of the main dining rooms, not just the one where it is a specialty.

Sapphire is my fave ship too! We are going in 8 weeks on the Coastal to Vancouver! Have a great time and be sure to explore every nook and cranny because there are a lot of wonderful little spaces on that ship. :)

Have a great time! Katherine

I've done 56 nights on the Sapphire - wonderful ship!

Make sure you check out all the pools - it's easy to forget some, there is such a choice.

Crooners is a great martini bar - excellent olives come with your martini - and it's a good people watching place.

If you are any time dining, try all four of the restaurants - the food is largely the same (altho' each has it's own 'special dish') but the decor and ambiance are quite different in each.

Don't forget the 'Power Hour' - after 8pm the bars serve certain drinks for only $2.99 - a steal!

Just got back from the Sapphire 2 week Hawaii cruise on Saturday. It was awesome. Ship is in great shape, the staff was very friendly and the food was very good (even in the buffet).

We booked it again for the Hawaii cruise in December. You'll have a great time!!

Jim

Archived