Buying wine or alcohol on board?

mamoune

Another drink question... ;-) I was just wondering if it is possible to buy bottles of wine or a bottle of liquor on board for consumption in our cabin? I know we are allowed 2 bottles of wine per stateroom but this will last about 2 days... I find the drink package too expensive since I only drink wine and DH has the occasional bloody ceasar or beer. No soft drinks or specialty coffees.. Sooo, is it possible to purchase whole bottles and how do we go about that?

Thanks!

The $80 - $100 referred to is the price of bottles purchased through the Bon Voyage Gift catalog, which includes some mixers, and some nuts. I thought that you could also go to a bar on board and purchase a bottle there. Or am I mixing this up with another line? I know that you can order a bottle of wine from the wine steward at dinner and take it to your stateroom, and I thought you could also do the same with a bottle of liquor.

The wine lists for the main dining room show all the wines available by the bottle or glass. There are different lists for the specialty restaurants. There have been a few posts recently that showed some of the wines available in the main dining rooms but keep in mind that the selections do change from cruise to cruise, so they may not be completely up to date. The lists are not available on Celebrity's website, as they change so often.

You can order any of the wines sold on board through room service and most of the ships have these listed on the interactive TV service for ordering to your room or the dining room.

Here are some copies of wine lists that I have :

As you can see the S class wine lists vary a little by venue with a lot of duplication

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/category/viewCollection.do?cat=SPIRIT&coll=LIQUORPKG

Just in case this link doesn't take you all the way to the liquor selections and prices:

At ANY Celebrity website, go to the very bottom of the page and look for SHOP CELEBRITY. Click on that.

Click on GIFTS BY CELEBRITY.

Click on DELIVERY ABOARD.

Click on SPIRITS, CELLARS, and MORE.

Click on LIQUOR PACKAGES.

There are 7 pages, so click on VIEW ALL.

I can't get the order form for some reason, but you could try that. If not, call Celebrity and they will take your order. I am not sure if you have to order before the cruise or if it is available during the cruise as well, so you might want to aks.

Good luck.

Thank you all for your help! I will wait until I board and order wine through the dining room, as they seem to have a bigger selection than what is offered as gifts on the Celebrity website.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/category/viewCollection.do?cat=SPIRIT&coll=LIQUORPKG

Just in case this link doesn't take you all the way to the liquor selections and prices:

At ANY Celebrity website, go to the very bottom of the page and look for SHOP CELEBRITY. Click on that.

Click on GIFTS BY CELEBRITY.

Click on DELIVERY ABOARD.

Click on SPIRITS, CELLARS, and MORE.

Click on LIQUOR PACKAGES.

There are 7 pages, so click on VIEW ALL.

I can't get the order form for some reason, but you could try that. If not, call Celebrity and they will take your order. I am not sure if you have to order before the cruise or if it is available during the cruise as well, so you might want to aks.

Good luck.

Does anyone have any idea whether you can order something that isn't on that list?

I would L-O-V-E to order a bottle of Ruby Red Vodka . . .

Does anyone have any idea whether you can order something that isn't on that list?

I would L-O-V-E to order a bottle of Ruby Red Vodka . . .

I don't think so; but cannot confirm that.

You might have to buy that in one of the ports and take your chances bringing it up to your cabin.

Another drink question... ;-) I was just wondering if it is possible to buy bottles of wine or a bottle of liquor on board for consumption in our cabin? I know we are allowed 2 bottles of wine per stateroom but this will last about 2 days... I find the drink package too expensive since I only drink wine and DH has the occasional bloody ceasar or beer. No soft drinks or specialty coffees.. Sooo, is it possible to purchase whole bottles and how do we go about that?

Thanks!

Have you sailed with Celebrity before? If you have, and signed up for Captain's Club, you will be a Classic Member on your second cruise. Classic members get coupon sheet in their room that will have one for wine that can be used in the dining room offering 10% off the purchase of a second bottle of wine if both are purchased at the same time. You could have one with dinner, and take the second back to your cabin. If you're a Select member the discount goes up to 15%.

Archived