What hotels offer free shuttle to the port in Fort Lauderdale?

lindseesmom

We are going on the Oasis next year and will likely arrive the day before the cruise. What hotels are close to the port that offer free shuttles?

Lots of choices in Ft Lauderdale. We stay at Comfort Inn and Suites Cruiseport. There are several so make sure you get the one on the corner of SE 17th st. Inexpensive, clean, free shuttle from FLL and to cruiseport, free breakfast and in easy walking distance from our favorite restaurant www.southportrawbar.com . Enjoy and Bon Voyage!

The list is probably too long to post. Many, if not most, offer a free shuttle but your best bet would be to check the website of any hotel you might want to book to see if they offer a free shuttle. We have stayed at LaQuinta in Hollywood, and Hyatt Place Airport South and the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach, and all three provided free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. In the same complex as the Hyatt Place and Springhill Suites, there was a Hilton Garden Inn and a Summerfield Suites and I believe that they too offered a free shuttle. We booked our hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale through Priceline and between the low successful bid, the complimentary breakfasts, free internet and free shuttle, it was a real bargain.:)

Lindseesmom,

We stayed in a nice hotel (not a five star) but good for a one night pre-cruise stay. I would recommend it:

Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South

2529 Stirling Rd.

Hollywood, FL 33020-122

(954) 944-1600

They had a free shuttle to/from the airport AND a free shuttle to/from the port. We came in the afternoon before our Oasis cruise and waited less than 5 minutes for the Confort Inn shuttle to the hotel. While I checked DW and I in at the hotel, DW reserved us a spot on the next morning's shuttle to the port at check-in desk for the shuttles right beside the main desk. They also have a shuttle from the port directly to the airport but we opted for a cab back to the airport at cruises end. The people at the hotel and shuttle were super nice!

They also have a breakfast buffet (not a full buffet but plenty to hold you over untill you hit the ship) and a Friday and Saturday burger cookout by the pool. The cookout turned out to waay better than we thought it would be. We had a ball (there's a bar out there too...:D)... one giant party of all us headed to the Oasis the next morning!

I do not remember the actual cost( I want to say $125ish). It was about 1/2 the price of the Embassy Suites, which was around $230... we love Embassy Suites, but they have just priced themselves out of our comfort range in Ft. Lauderdale.

All things considered, we will stay at the Comfort Inn again when we cruise the Oasis or Allure again.

-----------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure or Oasis of the Seas – “To The Extreme in 2013” Western Caribbean Cruise - 2013

The Med – 14 day – 2014?

My advice is to pick a hotel based on price, location, quality, room amenities, etc. and consider last if there is a 'free shuttle' to the port. Taxis are relatively cheap in FLL as the distance from many hotels to the port is quite close. I am not a big fan of hotel shuttles as they are crowded, hectic and seem to take longer than if I just grab a cab and pay the $15 or whatever.

If I end up with a hotel with free shuttles - great - but I would not base my hotel choice on availability of a free port shuttle.

Just my opinion....

You might want to double-check on the port shuttle at Hyatt Place. Hyatt Place North (off 17th) is starting to charge $6 pp for the shuttle beginning Apr. 1. I didn't see anything about a port shuttle on the Hyatt Place South website so I don't know if they will start charging also or not.

The list is probably too long to post. Many, if not most, offer a free shuttle but your best bet would be to check the website of any hotel

That's a fair statement, I also found while looking on expedia or hotels.com in the description of many hotels they specifically mention the shuttle. For my May cruise, I waited till Jan 1st to book my hotel only to find the ones most commonly mentioned and preferred were full. There are 5 ships in port that morning and some convention going on. I ended up at the Rodeway Inn, which says it has a free shuttle, but if they don't leave before 11:30, I won't hesitate to take a cab so I can be there as early as possible.

I stay at the Marriott Marina, think they had free shuttle service but I never use that, not want to be told when I have to leave to the ship and wait for other people, I just grab cab its straight across the road right there and if your room view is facing the ships you get to wake up and see your ship in the morning lol

Embassy Suites $169/night for up to 6 people in a one-bedroom suite. It includes manager's reception (cocktails and hors d oeuvres) from 5-7pm every night and hot cook to order breakfast every morning. This package includes pick up from the airport and shuttle to the port. It does not include transportation from the ship back to the airport, but it is a FABULOUS deal especially for big families!;)

Embassy Suites $169/night for up to 6 people in a one-bedroom suite. It includes manager's reception (cocktails and hors d oeuvres) from 5-7pm every night and hot cook to order breakfast every morning. This package includes pick up from the airport and shuttle to the port. It does not include transportation from the ship back to the airport, but it is a FABULOUS deal especially for big families!;)

We're sailing on the Navigator 05/02/11 and the cheapest rate for Embassy Suites is $299 per night:eek:. We ended up booking the Comfort Inn and Suites for $90 through skoosh. We like Embassy too but in season it's way overpriced.

Here is everything you need to know:

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/cruiseandplay/hotels/

I ended up at the Rodeway Inn, which says it has a free shuttle, but if they don't leave before 11:30, I won't hesitate to take a cab so I can be there as early as possible.

There is a big problem with that www.Sunny.org Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County website is that the hotels have to pay to be a member, on that list.

You always want to steer clear of any and all Days Inns, Ramada Inns, and Rodeway Inns in South Florida.

Bill, that hotel is a dump. I highly suggest you cancel and rebook.

I booked 15 rooms there one weekend and they were all horrible.

There is a big problem with that www.Sunny.org Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County website is that the hotels have to pay to be a member, on that list.

You always want to steer clear of any and all Days Inns, Ramada Inns, and Rodeway Inns in South Florida.

Bill, that hotel is a dump. I highly suggest you cancel and rebook.

I booked 15 rooms there one weekend and they were all horrible.

At this point, I may not have any choices, this was my 8th call to try and find a room and that was a couple of months ago. We don't get in till 5 or 6, I'll eat at a nearby restaurant and get up in the morning to go.

The list is probably too long to post. Many, if not most, offer a free shuttle but your best bet would be to check the website of any hotel you might want to book to see if they offer a free shuttle. We have stayed at LaQuinta in Hollywood, and Hyatt Place Airport South and the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach, and all three provided free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier. In the same complex as the Hyatt Place and Springhill Suites, there was a Hilton Garden Inn and a Summerfield Suites and I believe that they too offered a free shuttle. We booked our hotel room in Ft. Lauderdale through Priceline and between the low successful bid, the complimentary breakfasts, free internet and free shuttle, it was a real bargain.:)

Just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. Free shuttle to and from FLL but not the Port-There is a private charter company right there at the Hotel-$8 a piece each way. You can also prepay your return and they will be there to take you back to the hotel or the airport- worked great for us.

At this point, I may not have any choices, this was my 8th call to try and find a room and that was a couple of months ago. We don't get in till 5 or 6, I'll eat at a nearby restaurant and get up in the morning to go.

I just did a quick check on hotwire and there is quite a bit available for April 30th. I would try very hard to find something else.

Good luck!

• 10 months later...

Hobiecat01 and others:

I booked at the Comfort Inn for the day before the cruise and after the cruise we are staying overnight also. I did call them about the free shuttle and that works. But are there restaurants nearby and things to do? I just do not want to sit around and wait for something to do.

Thanks!

Lindseesmom,

We stayed in a nice hotel (not a five star) but good for a one night pre-cruise stay. I would recommend it:

Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South

2529 Stirling Rd.

Hollywood, FL 33020-122

(954) 944-1600

They had a free shuttle to/from the airport AND a free shuttle to/from the port. We came in the afternoon before our Oasis cruise and waited less than 5 minutes for the Confort Inn shuttle to the hotel. While I checked DW and I in at the hotel, DW reserved us a spot on the next morning's shuttle to the port at check-in desk for the shuttles right beside the main desk. They also have a shuttle from the port directly to the airport but we opted for a cab back to the airport at cruises end. The people at the hotel and shuttle were super nice!

They also have a breakfast buffet (not a full buffet but plenty to hold you over untill you hit the ship) and a Friday and Saturday burger cookout by the pool. The cookout turned out to waay better than we thought it would be. We had a ball (there's a bar out there too...:D)... one giant party of all us headed to the Oasis the next morning!

I do not remember the actual cost( I want to say $125ish). It was about 1/2 the price of the Embassy Suites, which was around $230... we love Embassy Suites, but they have just priced themselves out of our comfort range in Ft. Lauderdale.

All things considered, we will stay at the Comfort Inn again when we cruise the Oasis or Allure again.

-----------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure or Oasis of the Seas – “To The Extreme in 2013” Western Caribbean Cruise - 2013

The Med – 14 day – 2014?

Archived