Cape Liberty Post cruise excursions in NYC

SensFan11

We're cruising a year from now out of Cape Liberty. Following the cruise, some folks in our group would be interested in a NYC excursion...does anyone know if RCCL offers such a tour?

Previous cruises I've taken out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando have all offered excursions where they pick you up at the port, keep your bags while you go on an activity (e.g. everglades tour, shopping, theme park), then drop you at the airport for an evening flight.

Ideally, what I'd like would be an excursion that picks you up in a bus at Cape Liberty, takes you and your bags on a tour of NYC with stops at a few key attractions, and also includes an overnight stay at a Newark airport hotel for a flight the following morning.

Another key would be simplicity...there's certainly all sorts of ways to travel around NYC, but I'm thinking something simple - one bus that lets you experiences a few key sites.

We're cruising a year from now out of Cape Liberty. Following the cruise, some folks in our group would be interested in a NYC excursion...does anyone know if RCCL offers such a tour?

Previous cruises I've taken out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando have all offered excursions where they pick you up at the port, keep your bags while you go on an activity (e.g. everglades tour, shopping, theme park), then drop you at the airport for an evening flight.

Ideally, what I'd like would be an excursion that picks you up in a bus at Cape Liberty, takes you and your bags on a tour of NYC with stops at a few key attractions, and also includes an overnight stay at a Newark airport hotel for a flight the following morning.

Another key would be simplicity...there's certainly all sorts of ways to travel around NYC, but I'm thinking something simple - one bus that lets you experiences a few key sites.

You should be able to check this out with Royal Caribbean's shore excursion department, either by looking on their Web site or calling. You also might want to post your question on the Royal Caribbean board.

You should be able to check this out with Royal Caribbean's shore excursion department, either by looking on their Web site or calling. You also might want to post your question on the Royal Caribbean board.

I've tried logging into my reservation with Royal...unfortunately they don't list excursions until closer to the sailing date...that's why I'm hoping some folks here might have some experience with this...

I've tried logging into my reservation with Royal...unfortunately they don't list excursions until closer to the sailing date...that's why I'm hoping some folks here might have some experience with this...

I recommend you follow my other suggestion of posting your question on the Royal Caribbean board, as you are at least as likely to get an answer there.

Sounds like an ideal excursion, but so far RCL has not offered anything like it. The only excursion that has been offered post cruise is one to the Statue of Liberty (leaving from Liberty State Park in NJ) with a return to Newark airport. The target audience for this are the cruisers flying back to Europe on evening flights.

Folks who want to see NY make their own arrangements for pre or post cruise. We get lots of questions about Newark hotels and transportation to NYC as well as NYC hotels with transportation to Bayonne. Nothing is simple in the NY metro area - it all costs money, time, or hassle.

Unless you have a 6AM flight out of Newark Airport, I really can't think of why you'd want to stay there.

Depending upon your time of year, I'd arrange a car service (Dial 7 #212-777-7777), have them take your group to a Manhattan hotel, then find a tour that you would like to do.

There are food tours, overview tours, neighborhood tours, tv show tours, tv studio tours, movie tours, architecture tours, etc, etc.

You can arrange for the car service to pick you up again the next day and take you to the airport.

The easiest overview tour of Manhattan is the HOHO double decker tour bus. I've done Grayline and the other one and there is no difference. Best deal is $49 for the two day HOHO all loop tour.

Heading back to Newark Airport in the evening will be such an unbelievable depressing letdown AND where are you going to eat dinner?

Archived