How to get VIP

Will 3 day cruises count? How far back can you go? My first Carnival was in 1978 on the Festival and one on the Mardi Gras in 1981. If they count, then I have 7 -- # 8 coming up in less than 2 months -- Spirit to Alaska.

Thank you for your input.

Any cruise on Carnival counts towards your 10 cruises to get to Platinum. Log into your carnival account and ensure they are listed in your cruise history. Cruises from other lines (even though they are also owned by Carnival Inc.) do not count towards the total.

Will 3 day cruises count? How far back can you go? My first Carnival was in 1978 on the Festival and one on the Mardi Gras in 1981. If they count, then I have 7 -- # 8 coming up in less than 2 months -- Spirit to Alaska.

Thank you for your input.

Any cruise on Carnival counts towards your 10 cruises to get to Platinum. Log into your carnival account and ensure they are listed in your cruise history. Cruises from other lines (even though they are also owned by Carnival Inc.) do not count towards the total.

True, but they didn't keep track of your cruises back in 1978 or '81. The poster will have to have a boarding photo or some kind of picture with the date/ship on it as proof. That must be faxed to CCL and then they'll add those cruises to his/her history.

Yes, and if any are missing you can work with customer service to add the missing ones.

You may have to do some hunting to find evidence of uncounted cruises but

having seen this topic on CC it seems Carnival will add to your cruise total if you give them some "proof".

They seem to be fairly reasonable on what constitutes "proof".

oops - didn't notice above post

When those who book a suite and get VIP, all they are getting is early boarding, and thats all. Those who are true VIP get all the perks.

Truly, if you want VIP status, book a suite on NCL! Now they offer a whole other experience!

Don't get me wrong, I loved my recent Paradise cruise on CCL in an outside. But I adored my cruise in a 1 bedroom aft penthouse on the NCL Sun with butler, concierge, specialty breakfast and lunch, priority on/off and the huge verandah. But ouch, it was pricey.

I have never understood the rush to get off the ship. I usually have breakfast and sit on deck watching all the chaos for a couple of hours. I want to milk every last second out of my cruise.

I have Platinum tags but leave when I'm ready. I have breakfast, go back to the cabin, get ready, and leave whenever I want. No rush. No hassle. Who wants to be first off? I agree with geezersgirl: relax, take it easy!

so i was watching youtube cruise secrets and tips. and it says that if you mention to the cruise agent that you are from a review board or something that they will upgrade you or make you VIP. is this true? and if so will it work for cruise critic?

If you marry the CEO's daughter you'll get treated like a VIP.

Thank you for the answer. Have been on HAL, too --there they count days towards the rewards. Wish they did count for Carnival. :D Have 5 (including a 14 day cruise) on HAL. 7 completed on Carnival, 5 on RCCL, 1 on Disney, 1 on Big Red Boat & 1 on the Britannis --&&& I still feel like it's my first. I keep learning so much.

I will log in and see what is there. I might have to do 2 - 3 day cruises so I am Platinum. Or longer -- just love to cruise. 3 days is pretty short.;)

True, but they didn't keep track of your cruises back in 1978 or '81. The poster will have to have a boarding photo or some kind of picture with the date/ship on it as proof. That must be faxed to CCL and then they'll add those cruises to his/her history.

Thank you!!! I should have photos - especially with the Captain and my son on Mardi gras winning a trophy for best costume - he was 13 months old. He just turned 30 last month. Dates might be a bit harder but I will look for the pictures and information. Don't think I ever threw anything away from them. Festival was our first cruise --during oil embargo of all times. We went from one gas station on the turnpike to another. Oh the jokes about how the ship was using fuel and if we would run out.

Thank you for the information but more so for the memories. I lost my DH a little over 3 years ago and these memories you reminded me of -- are so wonderful. He is the one who loved to sail --both Navy. We went in the past years before he passed on 2 a year and my older DS and he would go on a 3rd during tax season (without me:rolleyes:). MY DH & DS are both platinum!!!

Well back to reality -- my cruise buddy (also a widow) & I are Carnival cruisers. Went last year on Sensation. Next month, North to ALASKA on the Spirit. Our favorite thing to do -- cruise.

Thank you. Sorry this is so long.

Colleen, aka Shirley from Laverne & Shirley

Thank you!!! I logged in & they indeed have the 5 latest ones. So now the great hunt begins. Or I have 4 instead of 2 to make Platinum. (# 6 will be on the Spirit next month).

I've never sailed carnival before and I noticed on some threads people talk about the floor they are on as to when they board.....How does this work? Do they start from 1 and go up???:)

If you look at the deck plan for your ship you will see how the decks are laid out.

I've never sailed carnival before and I noticed on some threads people talk about the floor they are on as to when they board.....How does this work? Do they start from 1 and go up???:)

When people arrive early, they are clumped into "zones" for boarding. It is just to control traffic flow when boarding. 'X' number of people are put into a zone before the next zone # is started. If you arrive about 1 hour or so after boarding, you don't have to worry about zone boarding. It has nothing to do with what deck your cabin is on.

Yep. And if people could simply pay or request VIP status it would lose it's sparkle.

I disagree, those of us who fly frequently get free 1st class upgrades as part of our club level- which is really the very best perk there can be- yet those same 1st class seats can be purchased for a hefty fee. anyone who has doled out the cash for a 1st class seat can attest the idea of free upgrade is full of sparkle and allure! I think priority boarding could work the same way on cruise ships.

No matter if you are in a hurry to exit your cabin or not. Everyone, except back to back passengers, have to vacate their cabins by 9 AM.

So if the husband and wife stand back to back in their cabin they don't have to leave?

So if the husband and wife stand back to back in their cabin they don't have to leave?

You still have to leave. But you can leave your stuff for the most part in your room.

You have to get off the boat, say 'hi' to Immigration/customs and then you get to hang in a little lounge for a short bit till the boats cleared for boarding. You then get to head back on the boat ahead of pretty much everyone else.

(generally even ahead of VIPs since you're already checked in and ready to go)

--Chris

Tell John Heald that you are from CC and understand that will get you upgrade to vip.

On second thought please dont.icon7.gif

LMAO! too funny!!

I suppose my point is if you could pay to get priority embark/debark so many would do it, that it wouldn't make a difference. I mean people sell the "1" debarking luggage tags on ebay.

Why would you want to be the first off the ship? book a later flight and sit on the Lido and enjoy your last moments!!

You still have to leave. But you can leave your stuff for the most part in your room.

You have to get off the boat, say 'hi' to Immigration/customs and then you get to hang in a little lounge for a short bit till the boats cleared for boarding. You then get to head back on the boat ahead of pretty much everyone else.

(generally even ahead of VIPs since you're already checked in and ready to go)

--Chris

Just didn't quite catch the joke!!

uglylol.gifuglylol.gifuglylol.gifuglylol.gifuglylol.gif

Archived