Sapphire E731 queen or twins?

tashaw1234

I would like to book E731 on the Sapphire but it seems as though the beds do not convert to a queen bed. Can anyone confirm this. The agents at princess say it only is twins. Has anyone stayed in this room on the Sapphire and can you guarantee me the room can be set up as a queen. Thank you in advance.

I haven't occupied that stateroom, but I think the agents are looking at the wrong deck. The very last mini suites on Dolphin deck do not covert to a queen, but on Emerald, this should not be a problem.

I would call back and ask again, I bet you get a totally different answer about E731, as I am 99% sure those agents are incorrect on this one (which would not be unusual at all). ;)

I would like to book E731 on the Sapphire but it seems as though the beds do not convert to a queen bed. Can anyone confirm this. The agents at princess say it only is twins. Has anyone stayed in this room on the Sapphire and can you guarantee me the room can be set up as a queen. Thank you in advance.

We have had that room on two different cruises and the beds DO convert to queen. You will love the balcony!!

I am staying in that cabin next month, and no one said anything about that to me!

I know there are some mini suites which cannot be converted, but I don't think E 731 is one of them.

I had E 728 on Golden, which is essentially the same cabin type, and I was able to have my bed as a queen.

I guess I will find out soon.

I haven't occupied that stateroom, but I think the agents are looking at the wrong deck. The very last mini suites on Dolphin deck do not covert to a queen, but on Emerald, this should not be a problem.

I would call back and ask again, I bet you get a totally different answer about E731, as I am 99% sure those agents are incorrect on this one (which would not be unusual at all). ;)

Toto, do you know the reason for this?

Why wouldn't the Dolphin Deck minis be set up the same as the Emerald Deck minis?

We stayed in E731 on the Sapphire a few years ago. Our beds

DEFINITELY converted. It's Dolphin deck cabins that are directly

about E731 and E728 that have the beds that don't convert, and on

the diagram that is indicated by an asterisk.;)

We have had that room on two different cruises and the beds DO convert to queen. You will love the balcony!!

Just to double check you were in the sapphire E731? do you have pics? I can send my email. I can change to that cabin right now just don't want to end up with twins. Thanks to all!:D

Toto, do you know the reason for this?

Why wouldn't the Dolphin Deck minis be set up the same as the Emerald Deck minis?

The far aft minis on Dolphin Deck on both the port and starboard sides of the ship, were originally supposed to be accessible mini suites. BUT, they did not make the door large enough to allow a wheel chair to pass through. They offer twin beds (which do not convert to a queen), a roll in shower only (as you would find in a handicapped cabin), and the layout is totally different. They corrected this mistake in the next type of ships built. But there was no way to correct it on the ones already built. I know there was a picture posted somewhere, I will see if I can find it. ;)

Yes, I have stayed in E731 on the Sapphire twice and it does convert to a queen bed...we've cruised 7 times in this cabin (or the port side) and it has always been a queen. I believe it is the Dolphin deck that does not convert.

Anyone who is obsessive about seeing their cabin should join cruisedeckplans.com. They have pictures of those cabins...good ones. It's not expensive, especially if you join for multiple years. And you can make your fees back by sending him pictures of your cabins. He pays $.50/photo and I have made well over my investment. EM

The far aft minis on Dolphin Deck on both the port and starboard sides of the ship, were originally supposed to be accessible mini suites. BUT, they did not make the door large enough to allow a wheel chair to pass through. They offer twin beds (which do not convert to a queen), a roll in shower only (as you would find in a handicapped cabin), and the layout is totally different. They corrected this mistake in the next type of ships built. But there was no way to correct it on the ones already built. I know there was a picture posted somewhere, I will see if I can find it. ;)

Oh, someone screwed up!:D

Thank you for the info. Now I have another reason to like Emerald Deck minis.;)

Okay just got E731 on the Sapphire for June to Alaska...I hope by hubby and I get to sleep together! If anyone does have actual pics of this exact room I would greatly appreciate them! Thanks

You're lucky you snagged it on relatively short notice.

Those cabins tend to go fast.

Great choice.

Okay just got E731 on the Sapphire for June to Alaska...I hope by hubby and I get to sleep together! If anyone does have actual pics of this exact room I would greatly appreciate them! Thanks

You've got mail!

You're lucky you snagged it on relatively short notice.

Those cabins tend to go fast.

Great choice.

I orginally had E711, but tonight I was looking and saw that E731 was open so I thought...I want it! But then I called princess to move to it and they said it only converted to twins. So after more researching and finally asking the real experts (you lovely cruise critics) I was able to make my decision and move to E731 and then give my friend my old cabin E711. All is good tonight. I can't wait until June 5th!

I orginally had E711, but tonight I was looking and saw that E731 was open so I thought...I want it! But then I called princess to move to it and they said it only converted to twins. So after more researching and finally asking the real experts (you lovely cruise critics) I was able to make my decision and move to E731 and then give my friend my old cabin E711. All is good tonight. I can't wait until June 5th!

The people at Princess are famous for giving out erroneous info.:rolleyes:

I assure you, E731 on the Sapphire will permit you both to sleep together.

I must add, however, that I didn't enjoy that balcony very much since

it seemed a lot windier than all the other ones we've had. Please keep

in mine, however, that we were sailing in Feburary to Mexico and half

the cruise [to and from L.A.] was chilly, 60 degrees. I cannot

highly recommend this E731 in a cold weather destination. I think

it is way overrated. But that's just me. The size of the balcony is

definitely very large, but I like the smaller balconies just as much and

they have partitions on both sides protecting you from the wind a bit more.

Once again, this is just my own personal opinion.

Here are some pics

of that exact cabin that you are interested in -- these were taken

a few years ago.

Thank you those are great. I hope it won't be to cold. We are heading to Alaska in June so I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for the pics I will share them with my hubby.

I am staying in that cabin next month, and no one said anything about that to me!

I know there are some mini suites which cannot be converted, but I don't think E 731 is one of them.

I had E 728 on Golden, which is essentially the same cabin type, and I was able to have my bed as a queen.

I guess I will find out soon.

We have e728 booked on the sapphire -- can you tell me how bad the noise was for you considering the disco below? Thanks!

Please keep

in mine, however, that we were sailing in Feburary to Mexico and half

the cruise [to and from L.A.] was chilly, 60 degrees. I cannot

highly recommend this E731 in a cold weather destination. I think

it is way overrated. But that's just me.

We did Mexico (on Sapphire) for Christmas and New Years and did not encounter any wind on the balcony besides the wind everyone else felt the first day down. We definitely enjoyed it outside where I read quite a bit of time on the two cruises.

And yes - the twins can be converted.

Archived