Doctor's Cave Beach

maggie3

Does anyone know if there is a Hop On and Off bus from the Falmouth Pier that would stop at Dr.Cave's Beach? If so, what is the cost round trip and how often does it run? Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone know if there are children's life jackets available there? would you have to rent snorkel gear for a life jacket. I will have a 3 and 5 year old with me.

also anyone ever get a glass bottom boat tour from there?

Thanks!

I have found a shuttle service operated by reggae tours from Falmouth to Doctors Cave. It's $25 each. Just waiting for an email back from them but does anyone have experience of this?

Cshgrand, I found the same tour & it's exactly what I was looking for, but I've had a hard time finding reviews here on CC. I went over to Trip Advisor & checked out the the tour company and saw tons of good reviews. I think I'm going to go with them.

anyone know if there are children's life jackets available there? would you have to rent snorkel gear for a life jacket. I will have a 3 and 5 year old with me.

also anyone ever get a glass bottom boat tour from there?

Thanks!

Yes there are children's life jackets available for free but the snorkel gear you will have to rent. Also there is a glass bottom boat available at the pier at Doc Cave $20 is the price he quoted me.

Yes there are children's life jackets available for free but the snorkel gear you will have to rent. Also there is a glass bottom boat available at the pier at Doc Cave $20 is the price he quoted me.

Thank you so much for the information!

Cshgrand, I found the same tour & it's exactly what I was looking for, but I've had a hard time finding reviews here on CC. I went over to Trip Advisor & checked out the the tour company and saw tons of good reviews. I think I'm going to go with them.

Thanks, read the trip advisor reviews and have subsequently reserved with them. Payment was via paypal and I had comprehensive joining instructions within 24 hours....now to wait patiently until January!

so many excursions were not possible as our son is only 3, this seems great value for a beach day.

I've seen pics with water trampoilines but then I've seen posts where someone has cut and pasted official emails from Doctor's Cave Beach where there are no mentions of water trampolines.

Hopefully someone who has been there can confirm. My kids would LOVE a water trampoline!

• 1 month later...
I am thinking one of those $2.00 inflatatable rafts from Walmart put on my deck chair/lounger would make a good cushion:)

Thanks for the idea!!! Plus, how do you become a member of PIRATES???? :cool:

• 1 month later...
For better, cheaper food (non-tourist trap), go across the street and about another block towards the pier to the Pork Pit.

MrSnarkyPants-do you happen to remember the prices at the Pork Pit and what other items were on the menu? We're not much on meat on the bone and all jerk chicken we had has been, but we do like good food, so may want to try this. Also, do they accept American dollars?

Prices may have gone up but it was $5.00 pp each way. Just make sure someone at the terminal gets you a JUTA cab. They have the set price. Some get the $15pp hop on, hop off bus pass but if you only want to go to the beach, stick with a taxi.

NEVER take the Hop on/ Hop Shuttle. We took it when we were in Jamaica last week. It was horrible. We were left at the market for 2.5 hours and everytime we asked when they were coming back to get us, they just kept saying soon. Also to use it you have to use your Sail & Sign Account and it's just bad all around service. When we got back on the ship there were about 90+ people that complained about the service and we all got our money back. TOTAL RIP OFF...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, we will be in Mobay in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions I was hoping some folks could help us with.

1. We will have somewhere between 8-12 folks going and most likely will be going to Doctors Cave. Will we be able to get a van type taxi to take us all? And if so will it still be $5 pp, even for kids? If we had 10 people I can't see paying $100 (fifty each way) to take us to the beach which isn't very far from what I can tell. Can we negotiate a discounted rate for multiple folks.

2. How far is Scotchies from Doctors Cave? I've heard how great it is and want to go there but again, is it going to be another $5 pp to get there too? Or is it within walking distance?

3. I see a lot of talk on this thread about The Pork Pit...is it as good as Scotchies?

4. What about liquor in Mobay? Where is best place to purchase rum? Is there anything located close to the port?

Thanks so much for any help you could provide.

Hello, we will be in Mobay in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions I was hoping some folks could help us with.

1. We will have somewhere between 8-12 folks going and most likely will be going to Doctors Cave. Will we be able to get a van type taxi to take us all? And if so will it still be $5 pp, even for kids? If we had 10 people I can't see paying $100 (fifty each way) to take us to the beach which isn't very far from what I can tell. Can we negotiate a discounted rate for multiple folksThere are plenty of shuttle buses at the port and you should be able to negotiate a reduced rate for 10 people. In Jamaica it's all about the bargaining. Can't quote price as I've only ever gone with my wife but I would definitely expect a reduction.

2. How far is Scotchies from Doctors Cave? I've heard how great it is and want to go there but again, is it going to be another $5 pp to get there too? Or is it within walking distance? Scotchies is not within walking distance - you would need to catch a cab. It's good but I wouldn't say it's worth the trip. The Pork Pit is your place.

3. I see a lot of talk on this thread about The Pork Pit...is it as good as Scotchies? I've been to both and would say The Pork Pit is every bit as good as Scotchies...I think its better. It's right there on the Hip Strip so no need to catch a cab.

4. What about liquor in Mobay? Where is best place to purchase rum? Is there anything located close to the port? There are places to get rum all along the Hip Strip and plenty at the port as well. Prices seemed pretty comparable.

Thanks so much for any help you could provide.

• 2 weeks later...
NEVER take the Hop on/ Hop Shuttle. We took it when we were in Jamaica last week. It was horrible. We were left at the market for 2.5 hours and everytime we asked when they were coming back to get us, they just kept saying soon. Also to use it you have to use your Sail & Sign Account and it's just bad all around service. When we got back on the ship there were about 90+ people that complained about the service and we all got our money back. TOTAL RIP OFF...

Yikes! If 90+people all got money back I'm hoping that they have corrected the problem by the time that I decided whether or not to use them in April.

Thanks,

Heather

Does anyone know if there is a Hop On and Off bus from the Falmouth Pier that would stop at Dr.Cave's Beach? If so, what is the cost round trip and how often does it run? Thanks

We were there the week of Thanksgiving. You can take a shuttle bus there for 20 bucks a person round trip. We were a fam of 5 so it was 100 total. The driver came back for us to take us back to the pier in Falmouth. He went past Doctors Cave beach to I believe Acqua Sol Beach. $5 to get in per person. 3-5 for chairs and unbrella. We camped out near a little tree. The snack bar had great food there. Some people on our bus went to the pork pit and said it was great. We can decide to go back there or go to the Hilton Rose Hall...