Caves of Drach Mallorca

cleobella

Has anyone done the Carnival Caves of Drach tour? It looks interesting but would take up 4.5 hours-not really leaving any time to look around Mallorca or go to the beach. I wonder if it would be a better use of time to walk about the time, view the cathedral, maybe hit the beach? Any thoughts?

Has anyone done the Carnival Caves of Drach tour? It looks interesting but would take up 4.5 hours-not really leaving any time to look around Mallorca or go to the beach. I wonder if it would be a better use of time to walk about the time, view the cathedral, maybe hit the beach? Any thoughts?

Carnival's description of it made it look good and so does the website for the caves. But this experience has been ripped to shreds on Trip Advisor. We will be going to the beach in Mallorca. :cool:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g580311-d315498-Reviews-Coves_del_Drac_Caves_of_the_Dragon-Porto_Cristo_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

We will be going to the beach in Mallorca. :cool:

I would too. I have been to the Caves of Drach on a regular Majorca holiday and enjoyed it - they are a much better 'attraction' than those reports would suggest. You can see the Caves of Campanet between 1.03 and 1.42 on this

and the Drach caves are, overall, far more spectacular, with obvious similarities, but for a more varied day on a delightful island I would do other things, or head for the beach at Illetas if you want that sort of thing. Palma cathedral is magnificent and well worth a look unless you will be seeing others on the cruise and wish to use the time elsewhere.

Palma cathedral is worth a visit, but its still just another cathedral. Around it is some of the old city of Palma which is interesting to walk around.

After a couple of trips to Majorca, the two trips that stand out in my memory are the caves of drach and the cathedral. We enjoyed the caves, the lighting and the short concert on the underground lake.

a beach is a beach, is a beach! Sand gets everywhere and there is always another one tomorrow, but the caves won't be there tomorrow!

just my few cents worth.

a beach is a beach, is a beach! Sand gets everywhere and there is always another one tomorrow, but the caves won't be there tomorrow!

just my few cents worth.

That may be true. But on port intensive cruises like the Magic has (we have seven ports in nine days), a day at the beach can be a good thing. We used our day in Mykonos to relax on our Ruby Princess Grand Med last summer and it was needed. Mallorca is not Rome, Florence, Naples, Sicily, Provence, or Barcelona. I suppose that if you don't like sand, then you should stay away from the beach unless you go to Nice. ;)

That may be true. But on port intensive cruises like the Magic has (we have seven ports in nine days), a day at the beach can be a good thing. We used our day in Mykonos to relax on our Ruby Princess Grand Med last summer and it was needed. Mallorca is not Rome, Florence, Naples, Sicily, Provence, or Barcelona. I suppose that if you don't like sand, then you should stay away from the beach unless you go to Nice. ;)

Have to agree! We have been to Mallorca several times and always use it as a beach day. This is the reason that hoards of Germans and Brits go to this island for vacations...the sun, sand, and nice clean water. As to Nice, we would never waste 1 minute on that beach because it is essentially a beach of pebbles :) You have to go to Cannes or west of Cannes to find the better sand beaches.

Hank

Archived