Seafood on the Eclipse

BosoxI

Simply put, how available is it? At this time of year I don't eat any meat, so being restricted to seafood or even vegetarian choices is a concern On previous cruises on Celebrity, I was dismayed to see baby shrimp served in the shrimp cocktail. Yes, that was back in the 1990s, but it has stuck with me all these years. I like tasty, well seasoned food. Am I going to be happy or should I start preparing myself for a disappointment? What about seafood in Murano's. I am seeing mixed reviews on the lobster, but are other seafood dishes available there? Thanks for the advice

Simply put, how available is it? At this time of year I don't eat any meat, so being restricted to seafood or even vegetarian choices is a concern On previous cruises on Celebrity, I was dismayed to see baby shrimp served in the shrimp cocktail. Yes, that was back in the 1990s, but it has stuck with me all these years. I like tasty, well seasoned food. Am I going to be happy or should I start preparing myself for a disappointment? What about seafood in Murano's. I am seeing mixed reviews on the lobster, but are other seafood dishes available there? Thanks for the advice

Most evening menus will include at least 1 fish dish and 1 vegetarian dish. They describe the shrimp cocktail as "Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail" so I suspect it is now medium or large shrimp, not baby shrimp (rock shrimp.)

http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Eclipse-November/MenusFood/14850454_UchZ4#1108697564_YkfYt

On my recent Eclipse cruise they offered a vegetarian dish every night and usually one fish dish. I had their stuffed sole one night and the waiter warned me it was quite small. But it turned out tasting pretty good. I had the shrimp cocktails (offered each night) and it was not bad either. Celebrity is not known for their fish. It is almost always made from frozen fish. I did have fresh Salmon once in Alaska, but fresh fish is not the standard. We found the vegetarian dishes were pretty good. Not just a pasta dish, but they made an effort to provide a variety of foods. Eggplant, coos-coos, etc.

There is always one vegetarian offering on every nightly menu. But there is also a larger vegetarian menu which usually had three or four choices.. They prefer that you pre-order from it, or at least recently that was the case. Each night they would bring the vegetarian menu for the following night and we could look it over and decide if there was anything there we might like. If not, we waited until the following night and went with the fish, or even a dinner sized caesar salad with salmon, which was very good.

Hi, they always offer salmon on the menu. I have had it quite a few times

and it always tastes good (in my opinion)...I will get it grilled or broiled.

It is on the left side of the menu which lists items "offered every day".

Now, I have also had it with a Teryaki Sauce which is really delicious:)

Hopefully you will find enough choices to please your pallet:)

I was just on the 2/19 Eclipse sailing. I eat a lot of fish--the Chilean Sea Bass is not to be missed!! Delicious! I had the Sole one night--not as good as the sea bass, but still good. I am not a fan of the salmon--had it once on the Solstice and didn't like it, so I avoided it on the Eclipse. As others have mentioned, there are always vegetarian or pasta dishes to choose from as well. Enjoy!

Thanks to all of you. It will only be a week's cruise so I'm sure I'll survive. I'm used to Princess which usually has 2 seafood choices plus a vegetarian selection. Gives me some latitude when I don't want meat.

Just got back from the 5th March sailing and can give you some feedback on Murano. They have Sole Veronique and Sea Bass in addition to Lobster.

We were not blown away with the lobster but the sole was lovely. The sea bass was pretty decent although I am not sure the accompaniments did it justice. They offered some lovely veggie/fish appetisers with the scallops in filo pastry a real standout. The mushroom risotto with truffle oil was wonderfully creamy and simply superb. The mushroom cappuccino also got the thumbs up.

These dishes were interspersed with gorgeous amuse bouche which would not offend non meat eaters.

We ate there on 2 nights and would have no hesitation in recommending.

I was just on the 2/19 Eclipse sailing. I eat a lot of fish--the Chilean Sea Bass is not to be missed!! Delicious! I had the Sole one night--not as good as the sea bass, but still good. I am not a fan of the salmon--had it once on the Solstice and didn't like it, so I avoided it on the Eclipse. As others have mentioned, there are always vegetarian or pasta dishes to choose from as well. Enjoy!

I also had like the sea bass that I asked if i could have it another night. :D

Archived