I cruise 5 times per year because......

LucyR.

I cruise for my birthday in Feb. Nobody cares about my birthday except me. "Cruel shoes". I cruise solo or I find a friend to cruise with me. I already booked the Carnival Inspiration ship. Got a great deal too.

I cruise for Halloween always! I always have a BLAST! I booked the Carnival Spirit cruisng out of Los Angeles/San Pedro port.

I cruise towards the Pacific-Northwest in May when the ships are re-positioning to get ready for their Alaska cruises. I love to visit Victoria B.C. every May. I will cruise on any ship that makes a stop in Victoria.

This coming May I am cruising on the NCL Pearl because they had the best rates and still do.

Cruises are super cheap the first two weeks of December. So I cruise to get rid of the WINTER BLUES.....also known as "SAD....Seasonal Affective Disorder." I get to see all of the Christmas decorations and take photos with the christmas trees on the ship. I booked the Splendor real cheap for solo me.

The fifth cruise is when a great deal shows up and I just have to cruise because I am a cruise addict.

When do you like to cruise? Lucy R.

March: Mother Daughter (me) cruise since we are both retired

May: Wedding Anniversary

September B2B: Mother Daughter cause we love 2 cruise

December: Family Christmas and some1 else does all the cooking and cleaning!

I waited 23 years to cruise my 1st time, I'm not wasting any more time!! :D

I cruise for my birthday in Feb. Nobody cares about my birthday except me. "Cruel shoes". I cruise solo or I find a friend to cruise with me. I already booked the Carnival Inspiration ship. Got a great deal too.

I cruise for Halloween always! I always have a BLAST! I booked the Carnival Spirit cruisng out of Los Angeles/San Pedro port.

I cruise towards the Pacific-Northwest in May when the ships are re-positioning to get ready for their Alaska cruises. I love to visit Victoria B.C. every May. I will cruise on any ship that makes a stop in Victoria.

This coming May I am cruising on the NCL Pearl because they had the best rates and still do.

Cruises are super cheap the first two weeks of December. So I cruise to get rid of the WINTER BLUES.....also known as "SAD....Seasonal Affective Disorder." I get to see all of the Christmas decorations and take photos with the christmas trees on the ship. I booked the Splendor real cheap for solo me.

The fifth cruise is when a great deal shows up and I just have to cruise because I am a cruise addict.

Once every 6-7 weeks. ;) Because its our addiction.

We retired a year ago and started working through the "bucket list." Cruising was at the top of that list, so we took out first one in September, another one in December, then celebrated our anniversary in Jan on a cruise, and have one booked for April and September. (That's 5, right?) We have fallen in love with cruising and wish we had done it sooner. Yep, I'd say we are addicted as well. ;)

Happy sailing!

Paula

dh just retired and says he wants to cruise once a year...but since we take 2 nice vacations and a lesser one every year I am OK with that......and...

we still have 3 school age kids at home so we will always schedule travel around them..and sometimes we even take the college kid with us:D

not rushing to see them all grow up btw.......we are very happy cruising with them and would possibly find it sad not to be with them...so for as long as possible...as many as can come with us...will be with us!!:)

Most we ever did was 3 in one year and that was only because of the Swine Flu fiasco in 2009 and we got a week cruise tax included for $200pp. Don't think I'll see that deal again unless the Swine Flu closes Mexico again :p

That being said, our bucket list is so big and includes so many places that a cruise does not do justice to, you know, like everywhere but the Caribbean, that we choose to only cruise once a year. Then we also take something off the bucket list. This year, it's a cruise in April and Europe in October. There are just too many places in the world DH and I want to experience that I don't ever see us cruising more than twice a year, and even that will be after we retire. Right now, with limited vacation time due to work schedules, 1 cruise and 1 other bucket list trip seems to be just about right.

I love the way you think! The most I ever cruised in one year was 3 times. But we did add a land trip to Hawaii that year too. Traveling is addictive and cruising is such a great way to see a lot of places in 1 week!

We cruised for the first time for our 25th anniversary. That was almost 8 years ago. We have 25 under our belts, 2 more booked for this year, (Oasis, B2B with Allure in October), and 1 in Jan. (Serenade) and plan to do 1 or 2 more from San Juan while we are there. So, I guess you can say we are addicted cruiseaholics! Makes it a little easier now with DH retired, and me in business for myself!

Enjoy it!!!

My goal is 2 a year.

I get 4 weeks vacation a year and evey 5 year job anniversary I get an additional 4 weeks with pay (which is mandatory that I take the whole month off) I went on european cruise and loved it.

As a teacher I can only cruise during school vacations - I usually do 1 - 2 a year. Usually one in the summer and sometimes on for Spring Break. I do want to do a New Year's Eve cruise sometime too, but they are so expensive!

I want to be you.

We can go once a year because we own a business that's hard to get away from, a kid in high school and a kid in college (who comes with big tuition bills). However, we do get nice rooms - an aft wrap for us and an aft extended for the kids on the next cruise.

I have this secret fantasy of doing a solo cruise. While I love my family, it would be so cool to just be able to totally do my own thing for an entire week. Sometimes I check out the solo board and price a solo cruise on the Carnival site for my imaginary cruise.

I wish I could cruise 5 times per year! I have to cruise during school breaks, so that makes it expensive. DH and I can only afford to go about once every other year, but if I could, it would be our annual vacation. I love that on a cruise, I can do as little or as much as I want. I love everything about the ships. I can't wait for my next Carnival cruise...thinking about the Miracle in August! :D

We are retired and we cruise twice a year. We have been cruising since 1989. I love to cruise. Land vacations are working vacations. By that I mean you have to get in a plane or car to your destination figure out what and when to eat. What does everyone want to do. Thats just to much thinking.

There are some great group cruises on here CC----hey Randy :) Have met some really wonderfull people on them and it's fun to see each other again.

Cruise in early Oct (husband;s bday)

Cruise in early Dec (my bday)

Cruise in ealy Jan---rates are cheaper

Cruise when a great deal comes along (just booked the Fascination recently for a 7 day end of Apr-a great pack n go rate)

When I was working for a major airline, I got 6 weeks of paid vacation and my husband did too. I took early retirement and now my husband has his own business, so we are fortunate to go as often as we do. DIdnt cruise much 2007-2010 as my dad's health was getting worse and I would have felt guilty being gone so much, we lived in the same town.

We always have a great time and get excited about each one, just like the 1st one.

We live in central Fl and have lots of ports to choose from.

We're limited to twice a year due to DH having very little vacation time (10 days) compared to me (30 days).

Even if we had more time, though, I couldn't justify cruising very much more because of airfare costs to ports. The cruise portion is reasonable, but the airfare is insane. If we lived in Florida we'd probably do several 3 or 4 day cruises a year.

I tried cruising 5 times this year. I booked 5 cruises (well, technically 6) but as you can see by my siggy, Carnival had other plans for me.

Oh well. Turns out to be sort of a blessing. Instead of the Splendor cruise we went to Puerto Vallarta and I loved it! I preferred it to cruising, actually. And instead of the May cruise I'm going to Aruba and am really excited for that!

When I retiered my DH told me to cruise until I got it out of my system. I did 8 the first yeat and 9 cruises the second year and I hadn't got it out of my system yet. I had to slow down because of going thru the retierment savings to fast. Than I had to take a year off due to family issues.

Now that I'm ready to book, it looks like Carnival droped the 150% sup for solos. I guess I'm not going to set any more records.:(

Archived