Off Conquest today and I noticed some things

Luluwa

I just returned from the Conquest today and had a marvelous time.

I realize I haven't sailed since May 2011 and that was on the Ecstasy, however I've sailed the Conquest several times. But I noticed some things I wanted to mention for any up and coming cruisers.

-Punchline Comedy Club - is in the Degas Lounge at night and they bring 4 comedians on to do the shows - very funny and enjoyable.

-Voila Paris! - was new to me, it's a pretty grand show with the Conquest Dancers in the Loulouse Lautrec.

-Karaoke mostly is in Vincent's Lounge since Degas Lounge is taken up with the Comedy Club several evenings.

-A new activity in the Toulouse Lautrec Lounge was "60 seconds to win" which is a spin off on the TV show "In it to win it" and was fun and different

-Another new activity in the main lounge also was Ballroom Dancing lessons and it seemed quite popular.

-And yet another activity in the main lounge one evening instead of a usual "show" they had Country and Western Trivia, followed by Country Line Dance Class followed by Gender Showdown and then Country Bargain Bingo. I like the different ideas.

-A notice was in the FUNTIMES that "All liquor purchased in ANY ports of call (including Galveston) can be collected between 6:30am and 9:30am on debarkation morning from the Henri's Disco, Deck 5 Mid." In other words..... any liquor taken from you will NO LONGER be delivered to your cabin, you gotta go claim it. However, if you buy it in the gift shop, it will be delivered to you.

-The Platinum gift was the leather notebook with pen and paper. I was given a red one and my husband a black one. I thought they were very nice.

-Lastly this doesn't have anything to do with this sailing in particular but I'd read in an "alternative medical magazine" that copper has properties in it that were used many years ago for motion discomfort. They said to take paper tape and tape a clean, copper penny over the navel area to ward off motion or sea sickness. I tried it and although our seas were fairly calm the entire cruise, I felt no motion illness. I'll definately try it again - it's CHEAP, easy and non invasive to the body.

I realize I haven't sailed since May 2011 and that was on the Ecstasy, however I've sailed the Conquest several times. But I noticed some things I wanted to mention for any up and coming cruisers.

how did you sail into the future?

Great info!!! THANKS!!!!

I won't be on her till October!! In Feb, on the Ecstasy, our platinum gift was a collapsible 6-pack cooler / lunch box. I wonder if the notebooks you've mentioned are new or are the older ones I've heard about. Are they full sized or pocketbook sized?

Once again... THANK YOU!!!!

Great info!!! THANKS!!!!

I won't be on her till October!! In Feb, on the Ecstasy, our platinum gift was a collapsible 6-pack cooler / lunch box. I wonder if the notebooks you've mentioned are new or are the older ones I've heard about. Are they full sized or pocketbook sized?

Donna and I were given coolers again on the Glory a couple of weeks ago, but I read on another thread that if you tell your room steward when you 1st meet him that you would rather have the pad and pen he will substitute them.

Since we received coolers #3 & 4 we just gave them away.

Great info!!! THANKS!!!!

They were pocket sized and very nice. I would love the cooler too.

Donna and I were given coolers again on the Glory a couple of weeks ago, but I read on another thread that if you tell your room steward when you 1st meet him that you would rather have the pad and pen he will substitute them.

Since we received coolers #3 & 4 we just gave them away.

Janey, that was nice of you!!! Before I was Platinum, I got a thermos from a fellow cruiser who had four of them!!! It is a perfect companion to my cooler...

They were pocket sized and very nice. I would love the cooler too.

I have pads and pens for my purse and I'm sure that would be a great size!!! Just last night, at a meeting, it was great to have one to jot down notes I needed to remember... :)

Archived