Which of these 3 Ships is your favorite and why?

tandtmk04

Hello!

Looking at booking a cruise for September, 2011 (Husband, 15 yr old daughter, 11 yr old son and myself) and trying to decide between 3 ships (LEGEND, LIBERTY and VALOR)..... they all have the same Ports of Call. :confused:

Would LOVE to hear which of the 3 if your favorite ship and why. :) Your input would very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Hello!

Looking at booking a cruise for September, 2011 (Husband, 15 yr old daughter, 11 yr old son and myself) and trying to decide between 3 ships (LEGEND, LIBERTY and VALOR)..... they all have the same Ports of Call. :confused:

Would LOVE to hear which of the 3 if your favorite ship and why. :) Your input would very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Again as said on another post about the same topic.. I would go on price...

I've been on all three and I can't say I have a favorite. I just love being on a ship.

But, IMO, Legend has some things that I like better.

The aft pool area is adult only.

No big screen on Lido.

The public decks go through, so no going up or down a deck to get where you want to be...like on the Conquest class ships.

The ports are the same, so I'd look at cost, time in port, cost of travel to get there, etc.

HTH

We sailed the Legend 2 years ago and loved it. We sailed the Valor last year and liked it.

For us, everything on the Legend seemed to be one step above the Valor. From the decor, the service, the supper club presentation to the lay out of the ship.

At that time we sailed the Legend I was never on cruisecritic so I was not aware of the skyway bridge. That was a pleasant surprise and a beautiful sight we will always remember.

I agree price plays a big factor but answering your question having experienced two of the three choices you gave, Legend wins for me hands down.

I'd pick the Valor or Liberty. I haven't been on the Legend, only the Spirit, and I didn't care for the deck plan - not enough light.

That being said, we're going on the Pride in three weeks. But I only booked that ship because of the ports.

Thanks everyone for your comments! :) The prices are pretty close... within $60.00 total..... biggest difference is distance to Tampa or Miami. I have been leaning more towards the "Legend" but liked the "Liberty" as well. :confused:

Thanks again........... Loving the comments and they are very helpful! :)

We sailed the Legend 2 years ago and loved it. We sailed the Valor last year and liked it.

For us, everything on the Legend seemed to be one step above the Valor. From the decor, the service, the supper club presentation to the lay out of the ship.

At that time we sailed the Legend I was never on cruisecritic so I was not aware of the skyway bridge. That was a pleasant surprise and a beautiful sight we will always remember.

I agree price plays a big factor but answering your question having experienced two of the three choices you gave, Legend wins for me hands down.

**** "Skyway Bridge"?? I'm not aware of that , will have to try and see what I can find on that. ***** Thanks! :)

**** "Skyway Bridge"?? I'm not aware of that , will have to try and see what I can find on that. ***** Thanks! :)

Yes! Google Sunshine Skyway Bridge. It's beautiful.

Are you driving or flying? Airline prices might be a final determining factor?

If you decide Miami remember it's typically less expensive to fly to FLL and shuttle down. SAS transport is a good company to use for the transfer.

Wow...did that just happen recently? :confused:

Yes. The aft pool area is now the Serenity deck, which is non-smoking.

OP, I'd go with price. Factor in the cost of transportation (flights vs. driving with parking fees) and any hotel stays the night before.

Thanks everyone for your comments! :) The prices are pretty close... within $60.00 total..... biggest difference is distance to Tampa or Miami. I have been leaning more towards the "Legend" but liked the "Liberty" as well. :confused:

Thanks again........... Loving the comments and they are very helpful! :)

In my experience Miami is always more expensive for the flight...I would check airfare and weigh that into your decision. But they are all great ships and you can"t go wrong! :)

In my experience Miami is always more expensive for the flight...I would check airfare and weigh that into your decision. But they are all great ships and you can"t go wrong! :)

We found cheaper flights into Ft. Lauderdale and then booked a shuttle.

Here is a picture of the "Skyway Bridge", from Carnival Miracle, before going under it. We stayed in our balcony while going under it, mainly due to the fact that I was unaware of "Cruise Critic" at the time and didn't know about being up on the top decks and watching the ship's tail clear the bridge.

DSC01915.jpg

I noticed in your signature that you were on Carnival Glory (we've been on her too and loved her). The Valor and the Liberty are the same class ship so they'll have the same layout, just a different decor. I've never been on Legend, but it's the same layout as Carnival Miracle. Friends have been on Legend and loved her.

Which ever you choose, you can't go wrong. :)

To the OP ~ I'm in the same boat as you today ~ wondering which one to pick ~ I've not been on any of those ships ~ frankly, I'm a cruise newbie.

Anyway, I think I'm choosing the Liberty because... the big screen, it's the newest ship, & fish n' chips (DH & I will love). I was concerned about flight prices but then I realized flights to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) are actually quite a bit cheaper than flights to Tampa and the SAS transportation cost to Miami is only $15 per person. That, and I really want to see Miami... it's on my list of places to see.. :D

If pricing for the cruise and flights were equal or close, I would book the Legend...she is my favorite ship. I also prefer Tampa to Miami. If you're needing the big screen on Lido or the fish & chips, then don't pick Legend;) It just has a less crowded, more homey feel to me than the bigger ships.

Archived