Quiet beach, calm water, clean sand?

phoenix_dream

There are so many beach threads going I don't know where to start. We are looking for a quiet beach (not a 'party' beach with alot of activities), with calm water if possible, and sand that is not all rocky or filled with coral (which is what we found on Monkey beach our last time in Barbados - still have the scar on my husbands knee to prove it). Having one or two bars/restaurants nearby would be nice as well.

Anyone have a beach to recommend that fits this description?

we were there in january of this year and we were advised by some locals(brits) TO JUST WALK TO THE BOATYARD beach club.it was clean,fun,cheap,a.i. 15 dollars each for chair ,shade, free drink,and transportation back to the victory.try the flying fish sandwich ,it is to die for.check out their web sight but remember it was quiet during the day,at night i have no idea. good luck.we are going back on the victory this july...

I would recommend you head to Lobster Alive, which is a restaurant next to the Boatyard. You can rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach in front of the restaurant. It's more quiet than the Boatyard, and their food is great.

$15 gets you two chairs, an umbrella, and 3 tickets for free soda or rum punch. You can do a search for Lobster Alive in this forum and you'll have all the info you need. I also have some photos of Lobster Alive in my review of the Serenade of the Seas, below. Have fun! Barbardos is one of my favorite stops.

I would recommend you head to Lobster Alive, which is a restaurant next to the Boatyard.

You can rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach

Lobster-414.jpg

in front of the restaurant. It's more quiet than the Boatyard, and their food is great.

$15 gets you two chairs, an umbrella, and 3 tickets for free soda or rum punch.

You can do a search for Lobster Alive in this forum and you'll have all the info you need.

I also have some photos of Lobster Alive in my review of the Serenade of the Seas, below.

Have fun! Barbados is one of my favorite stops.

This is what it's like on Carlisle Bay beach..

Lobster-409.jpg

It would be good to check and see how many ships will be in port the day you are there. We were just in Barbados on March 16th and took a taxi to Lobster Alive. There were 5 ships in port that day. Lobster Alive was absolutely packed! We got the last row of lounge chairs in front of the restaurant, and the guy was turning people away! It seemed that it would be a great place on a non-busy day though! I think next year we will look for something else.

Archived