CocoCay cabanas?

milton333

Not getting any response on the Bahamas board, so thought I'd ask here.

Are there cabanas for rent on CocoCay? We're trying to decide if we need to bring a beach tent for our son and fair-skinned members of our group to get out of the sun for a bit.

There are a few covered "clam-shell" type chairs set up in the Island Oasis section. There's no charge for these chairs and they are on a first come, first served basis. When we were there this area had nobody using any of those chairs. When you get off the tender, take a left and you'll see the large Island Oasis section.

Never saw any tents brought to Coco Cay.

There are plenty of chair in the shade of palm trees and RCCL does rent small beach umbrellas

I can’t imagine where you might put up the tent as the chairs basically go back as far as the walkways. Pitching the tent in front of the chairs, closer to the water would really spoil the views for many on that particular beach area.

We prefer to stay in the shade and try to arrive fairly early ( 10 am) and rarely have a problem getting chairs in the shade. If you are sailing in the summer – the sun is very hot!

Enjoy

We're looking at a pop-up tent, similar technology to the pop-up hampers, lightweight and not huge. We'd planned to go around to the other side of the island, which is quieter than the area right off the ship. We'll be traveling with a toddler who might nap in the shade and also a skin cancer survivor who enjoys the beach but might prefer to get out of the sun.

I think we'll plan to bring it. I'm very fair-skinned, and had an anniversary vacation in Florida ruined once by falling asleep under an umbrella and not waking when the sun shifted. Burned my legs, they swelled up like sausages, went into shock, and couldn't walk for the week I was there, kept passing out when I'd try to stand. Ambulance called and everything. I've had several successful beach vacations since, but we do plan ahead for a shady place to be, especially now with a toddler.

There are FREE cabannas! There are about 6 (I can't remember the exact number) shelters next to the spa building/light house that face where the ship anchors.

These are free to those who can get there early enough to claim them. There is also a lot of shade underneath the trees.

Monarch2009261.jpg

Monarch2009258.jpg

Monarch2009254.jpg

Monarch2009241.jpg

Not getting any response on the Bahamas board, so thought I'd ask here.

Are there cabanas for rent on CocoCay? We're trying to decide if we need to bring a beach tent for our son and fair-skinned members of our group to get out of the sun for a bit.

After meeting a couple who live in florida like myself, bring their own umbrella, I always bring mine for coco cay. Yes there is shade and those clam chairs, but you need to be off the ship very quickly and early to get those areas. If bringing your own shade isn't an inconvenience, do it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived