celebrity website shows wrong rooms

RoyalDiamond

Many times, when searching the X website for cruises, the diagram shown to me does not include the room chosen. For example, after choosing a category and specific stateroom, and after clicking "view" to see the room location, the diagram shown DOES NOT include the chosen room. It typically shows me the OPPOSITE side of the ship. I usually have to pull up the entire ship diagram to see the room location. Does anyone else experience this annoying glitch? It has always been there....as far as I know.

Many times, when searching the X website for cruises, the diagram shown to me does not include the room chosen. For example, after choosing a category and specific stateroom, and after clicking "view" to see the room location, the diagram shown DOES NOT include the chosen room. It typically shows me the OPPOSITE side of the ship. I usually have to pull up the entire ship diagram to see the room location. Does anyone else experience this annoying glitch? It has always been there....as far as I know.

never happened to me yet. maybe try a different browser, sounds like a cookie problem.

It has been that way for several years. The PH on one ship shows the veranda of a Royal suite and vice versa. I have sent several emails; but nothing has been done to correct the error. I think they either don't understand, or don't care....

I now use my TA's website to look at cabin layouts.

I think RoyalDiamond is more talking about highlighted portion of the ship and rough outline of the cabin / balcony than the actually interior of the cabin layout. I have seen this as well. I would say the web sight gets it right about 80% of the time, but this may vary by by cabin category.

Hi Royal Diamond !

As Cheryl said, this, and many other problems have been around for years. What the OP is referring to, is what I call the "Quadrant Issue". It's when you click on a Cabin number, it highlights the wrong quadrant of the ship. You have no idea how many hours I've wasted reporting it to Celebrity. I've given them pages of information and examples... yet, nothing has changed.

I'm convinced they are not concerned about the issue, and it's puzzling why they choose not to fix it.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was referring to. I just tried again, and it keeps showing me a diagram of rooms on the port side instead of the diagram on the starboard side! I've only cruised X once....but now want to try them again to compare to RCCL, since X will honor tier status from Royal.

Yup, a well-known glitch. It has been reported to Celebrity many times, and most recently, in February, I demonstrated it to one of the on-board booking agents who was aghast and said he would report it, too. Hah! So, I have come to the conclusion that, like quite a few problems with the website, Celebrity just doesn't care to get it fixed.

Maybe if we all ganged up on them and started submitting emails asking them to fix the problem, we might get some action. We might get Dan Hanrahan to schedule a Q&A session on Cruise Critic to address the issue...:rolleyes:

On second thought, better to save the email campaigns for the serious issues.

Hmmm...you'd think they'd get a LOT of complaints by people who book based on the quadrant shown not realizing it's not their true cabin location until they boarded ship. :cool:

And yes, I'd hope most would catch Celebrity's mistake but guessing this happens more often than we think....

Wow....I thought it was just me! It's truly annoying and it happens to me in both IE and Firefox.

Hi Islandgirlejfan !

Nope, not just you... and it definitely has nothing to do with choice of Browser. It's just another of the many glitches on the Celebrity website.

I used to report glitches all the time, but I've decided not to waste my time, as they never get fixed. About the only technology item they've listened to, is the new "Find a Cruise" feature. I suggested this to Celebrity a few months ago, and it now appears on their website. It also has several glitches, but it's an excellent addition.

I've also emailed Celebrity about this several times over the past two years. All I get is form letter acknowlegments and then nothing happens. Obviously they're not interested in fixing the problem.

I was just at the travel show in NYC and grabbed every cruiseline's catalogue I saw that contained deck plans. I find this is the best way to research which cabin you want because you can easily see what's on top of and underneath the cabin you're interested in.

This is a little clunky, but I pull up the full deck plan to see the cabin location.

On Celebrity's website, select "planning", the select your ship name. There's a tab for "deck plans" - then select your deck by name and you see the full layout. This shows the icons for connecting cabins and other features.

Hi royaldiamond

Just booked my first X cruise and had the exact same thing happen each time I was looking to see which cabins were available. Very annoying. On another note did you really go on 13 cruises last year? I'm jealous!!

Yes, there is an issue with their web page and I have experience what you mentioned. I work for a computer company (no its not a cruise company) and fix these types of issues all day long. Just wanted to mention that just because you report a problem to a company and it’s not fixed it does not mean that a company does not care. Issues that are reported to a company are recorded and put on list of things to do, these items are then evaluate and the ones that are the most critical are worked on first. So when I find a bug I report it to the company and hopefully one day it will be fixed.

. What the OP is referring to, is what I call the "Quadrant Issue". It's when you click on a Cabin number, it highlights the wrong quadrant of the ship. .

not just the website, but the tags too..

I put out this question a while back,

..would still like to know why it is so..

2032595890071872817S500x500Q85.jpg

I appreciate your firsthand knowledge, lourdest, but after the same bug existing for over a year, and repeatedly being reported by customers and X employees alike, with no fix, I think I stick by my conclusion that they don't care. Over that time there was a major overhaul to at least part of the site, but this problem has been ignored.

Hey Mackfam,

Yes, my partner and I really went on 13 cruises last year. It helps that we don't have to buy airline tickets (work for an airline). We always thought we'd hate cruises. But, after our friends convinced us to give it a try, we obviously became obsessed! We went from nothing to DiamondPlus at RCCL in less than 2 years! Several junior suites (with double points) put us at that level so quickly. We've only been on Celebrity Century, and are eager to try another X ship now....which is how I discovered this annoying little glitch. LOL.

Yes and that's what I would call it. An annoying little glitch. Nothing to be concerned about once you know that more often then not you're going to get the wrong quadrant and so be it. Maybe they do it on purpose so we'll explore their website more thoroughly and maybe book more cruises. Ok maybe not.

I was checking on the price of our cabin this morning and happened to click on the stateroom that appeared and it looks to me as if they have corrected the issue with the deck plans. I did it with several categories and everything seems to correct now. Hopefully it continues to work!

Guess they notice these posts! :)

I tried one at random, got the wrong quadrant. Possibly they are in the process of fixing them, and I picked one that hasn't been fixed yet.

Hmm....I tried about 8 different staterooms in various categories. Maybe it's just a morning thing and they are playing with everyone at other times!:p

Oh well....

Archived