Need Private Walking Tour Guide in Florence with Admissions

Fishbait17

Post cruise, we are spending a few days in Florence. Since the main museums are closed on one of our days, we will need to see the Uffizi, Accademia, and Medici Chapels all in one day - a daunting task. Last time in Florence, we hired a driver from the port who got us quick entry into all three, but didn't provide a guided tour and we felt a bit lost in the Uffizi. So this time, I am looking to hire a private walking guide for the three of us, giving us a completely customized tour, who will get us priority entry and come inside and give us some insight into what we are seeing. I am a huge Michaelangelo fan and have been able to give some input on many pieces, but want a bit more in depth, and don't want to wander aimlessly about the Uffizi.. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Robin

You don't have to cram in the Medici Chapels, they are open on Mondays.

I do know an excellent guide for Florence who speaks excellent English, but I don't want to post her e-mail on a public board without her consent. I'll check with her to see if it's okay.

In the meantime, you might enjoy this brochure (you can download the pdf) "Michelangelo in Florence": http://en.comune.fi.it/export/sites/comune_multilingue/materiali/michelangeloengl.pdf

I do know an excellent guide for Florence who speaks excellent English, but I don't want to post her e-mail on a public board without her consent. I'll check with her to see if it's okay.

In the meantime, you might enjoy this brochure (you can download the pdf) "Michelangelo in Florence": http://en.comune.fi.it/export/sites/comune_multilingue/materiali/michelangeloengl.pdf

ok thanks! You can email it to me if you would rather - Fishbait17@aol.com . Unfortunately, even the Medici Chapels are closed on the particular Monday we are there. We have filled that day with some GREAT tours though, and are very excited (the Foodie tour, the Ghost tour) and planning to visit the Duomo and Santa Maria del Fiore as well. Just never enough time for me in Florence - I could spend weeks, months there :D..

Robin

Thanks, euro cruiser, for the link to the brochure.

We would like to maximize our time in Florence, and would be interested in a Florence tour guide.

Would you be so kind to send Carolina my email address?

bobalinkcruises at gmail dot com

Many thanks,

Bobbie

Hi Eurocruiser, I would appreciate it if you could give Carolina my E-Mail also. Thanks. suespaeth@aol.com

Thanks, euro cruiser, for the link to the brochure.

We would like to maximize our time in Florence, and would be interested in a Florence tour guide.

Would you be so kind to send Carolina my email address?

bobalinkcruises at gmail dot com

Many thanks,

Bobbie

Hi euro cruiser,

I have not received an email from Carolina, so I am wondering if she has the correct email address.

I would contact her directly if I could.:)

Again, thanks for your help.

Bobbie

We did a tour of the Ufizi w/ Eugene from http://www.tgiflorence.com/. It was the HIGHLIGHT of our 2 wk trip in Italy. He's awesome! He really made the museum come to life for us. He's very reasonably priced. He is incredibly knowledgeable and a true delight to talk to. I can't recommend him highly enough!!! Hire him, you won't be disappointed.

I forgot to mention that I told Eugene before we arrived that I had a special interest in seeing certain paintings and particular artists. He made sure to highlight those in his walk w/ us. He can definitely customize your day and spend as much or as little time as you want. He's very flexible and a great guy!

Prior to our trip, he sent me a few emails giving me info about Florence. One was about some great hotel happy hours that were being offered to non-guests during our visit.

I found him on another travel advisor website and he had very high recommendations.

We also will be in Florence and looking for a tour guide as well. Would you please consider asking your friend if she would email us as well for her availability. My email address is schwalmie at aol dot com

Thank you, Jane

Post cruise, we are spending a few days in Florence. Since the main museums are closed on one of our days, we will need to see the Uffizi, Accademia, and Medici Chapels all in one day - a daunting task. Last time in Florence, we hired a driver from the port who got us quick entry into all three, but didn't provide a guided tour and we felt a bit lost in the Uffizi. So this time, I am looking to hire a private walking guide for the three of us, giving us a completely customized tour, who will get us priority entry and come inside and give us some insight into what we are seeing. I am a huge Michaelangelo fan and have been able to give some input on many pieces, but want a bit more in depth, and don't want to wander aimlessly about the Uffizi.. Does anyone have any good recommendations?

Robin

Medici chapel is open on Mondays. We were there on a Monday and while the other places were closed, the Medici chapel was open. It is basically St. Lorenzo church.

Terri

Medici chapel is open on Mondays. We were there on a Monday and while the other places were closed, the Medici chapel was open. It is basically St. Lorenzo church.

Terri

I spoke out of turn. It is closed on the first, third and fifth Mondays and the Second and Fourth Sundays.

I was there on a second Monday. That's why it was open.

Sorry.

Terri

I just heard back from Carolina, who said she e-mailed you Robin. I hope you can put something together, Carolina is fantastic.

Could I ask you to have Carolina contact me, as well?

shirleen dot shabpareh at gmail dot com

Thanks!!

I highly recommend Violetta Buti, a Florence native--her website is beautyinitaly.com. She can provide you with a private guide (she was ours on three separate trips), a driver, or both.

Les

Her website says it's under construction. Do you have any other way to get in touch with her?

Thanks,

Shirleen

• 1 month later...

PLEASE EMAIL ME THIS TOUR GUIDE ALSO...beverlyvalentine@gmail.com

Archived