First Time Cruiser and getting married!! Help Please..

April092011

Hi,

I am new to this site so this is my first post.

I will be sailing on Carnival Destiny on April 9, 2011 and will be having my wedding aboard the ship, in the Port of Miami before the ship sails. I have never been on a cruise before, nor have I ever been married so I am super nervous lol.

Can someone please give me an idea of what I should expect and how to go about preparing. Its weird that I will have no idea what the ceremony & Reception will look like until I actually get there for the wedding, so that makes me nervous. So if anyone has pictures of their wedding on the Destiny could you please post so I can get an idea.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing others' experiences :)

Hi, you might get more results if you asked on the Carnival threads.

Weddings board first, so go early to the port. Your wedding party may board as early as 10:30 or 11 if the ship is ready early.

We had 3 weddings last cruise, each one had their own area and their own photographer snapping professional pictures while we walked around the ship.

Hi,

I am new to this site so this is my first post.

I will be sailing on Carnival Destiny on April 9, 2011 and will be having my wedding aboard the ship, in the Port of Miami before the ship sails. I have never been on a cruise before, nor have I ever been married so I am super nervous lol.

First wedding:mad:, first cruise:), heres to many more.:D

shouldnt you have someone assigned to you from Carnival to help with your wedding? save a lot of money for their pictures as they will cost an arm and a leg. have your friends take as many pictures as they can!

congratulations :)

shouldnt you have someone assigned to you from Carnival to help with your wedding? save a lot of money for their pictures as they will cost an arm and a leg. have your friends take as many pictures as they can!

congratulations :)

Yes, I have a wedding cordinator that takes care of everything. I am so glad I have her because otherwise I would be far more stressed than I already am. lol. I think I am just getting the normal bride jitters I suppose.

I second the idea of saving up to buy a photo package, theyre spendy. Also, be kind to the shipboard staff you interact with and it will pay off. We received what we perceived as preferential treatment for being kind and laid back, I think they have to handle a lot of bridezillas.

Most of all congratulations & RELAX! :D It will be an experience you remember your whole life.

Archived