Lust for Life.

I think Royal needs to bring back the "Lust for Life" music to their commercials. I always got pumped hearing/seeing it on t.v. I have the song on the iPod and still to this day...when I hear it, I think of booking a cruise. Those were the best commercials!

What do you guys think? Anyone agree?

Most of us on here agree with this, and it has been shown as such on polls before, anything it better than TNOWN.

I think Royal needs to bring back the "Lust for Life" music to their commercials. I always got pumped hearing/seeing it on t.v. I have the song on the iPod and still to this day...when I hear it, I think of booking a cruise. Those were the best commercials!

Sorry, Iggy Pop, but that song will always mean Royal Caribbean to me! It's on my iPod and a "must listen" when working out in the gym onboard.

Maybe they canned it when someone in brand management there took a closer look at the song's lyrics and its meaning and decided "hmmmm, not entirely appropriate"!

I predict less than 5 replies before someone tells you the song was about sex and drugs.

I don't care one way or the other. I don't book cruises based on commercials.

Neither do I, but I see commercials. The Carnival ones are much more enjoyable to me, though i did see their latest one last night and it showed the boy on the pool deck at night and the sky was full of stars. (That doesn't happen with all the lights they keep on.

Neither do I, but I see commercials. The Carnival ones are much more enjoyable to me, though i did see their latest one last night and it showed the boy on the pool deck at night and the sky was full of stars. (That doesn't happen with all the lights they keep on.

The Carnival commercials the past few years have just been excellent. They scream "FUN!" which is their brand. Well done. Not wild about the RCI commercials lately... I'll be the 15th person in this thread to say that RCI NEEDS to bring back Lust For Life! Just like those Carnival commercials scream their brand (fun), those commercials screamed RC's brand.

The Carnival commercials the past few years have just been excellent. They scream "FUN!" which is their brand. Well done. Not wild about the RCI commercials lately... I'll be the 15th person in this thread to say that RCI NEEDS to bring back Lust For Life! Just like those Carnival commercials scream their brand (fun), those commercials screamed RC's brand.

Well you know why Carnival's commercials are so good - they hired RCCL's old ad agency. :p

As for me all I can say is I hear that buh, buh, buh (at least that's how I hear it in my head) and I'm ready to cruise!!:D

I predict less than 5 replies before someone tells you the song was about sex and drugs.

Does it really matter what the song is about? I agree with everyone else. Every time I hear that song, it makes me think of Royal Caribbean.

I've noticed the latest RCCL commercials don't mention The Nation of Why Not.

I agree -- There is something catchy about the Lust for Life song.

I wonder if RCCL was paying too much to use the song.

I sure it has a copyright.

I agree. I have it on my iPod also.

Archived