Baby on Board

Friends of mine are planning a cruise and have asked me to ask these boards a question. They are planning to have a baby and are wondering if babies cruise free like how they fly free. They are planning on going on a 7 day cruise when the baby is only a couple months old. Will they have to pay for the baby to be on board?

To start, the baby has to be at least six months to cruise and 12 months on some cruises. Babies do not sail free, they pay the 3rd person rate. They need to check out the cruiselines website and rules for their sailing.

That's right, on Med and some other itineraries, they have to be 12 months.

I wish babies sailed free however have yet to find a cruise line that does allow them to, most charge the full 3rd person fare! NCL just charges ports and taxes and several other lines such as disney and RCI do deals for children, we've just paid £199 each for our 6mth old and 4 yr old for 11 night on the independance but this was a really good deal. Also check each cruise lines infant age policy as most don't allow babies to sail until they are 6mths, we had this cruise booked since i was pregnant and were desperate for our son to be born on time or we would of had to cancel. I think disney takes babies younger than 6 mths but not sure of any others

Archived