Luggage Tags-put on bags before departure?

SeaboundQT

hi there - just have a question re luggage tags, we have ours now and it says to put them on our luggage BEFORE departure (so i guess before we check in our bags at the airport). part of me is worried they'll come off or get torn during transit, but is this so that if our luggage gets lost (and doesn't make it to us before the cruise leaves), they can use the tags to determine where we'll be and when? does anyone know? thanks very much! we leave next Saturday - so excited! it's our first cruise ever! :D

They generally mean to put the tags on before you hand your luggage over at the Ship Terminal - at the pier. We don't put them on our luggage before we fly.

If your luggage is late and doesn't make the ship, you will work with the airline to identify your luggage and it will be forwarded to the ship/next port. Always chancy.

We almost always fly in the day before the cruise so we don't worry about missing the ship And have more flexibility on luggage that may be late.

But, back to your specific question, usually put them on at pierside. Someone else may chime in with their opinon of the ships tag helping the airline get it to you, but I think you'll be working with the airline at your arrival airport to get it Identified correctly.

Enjoy your cruise and realize it is very low probably of luggage issues, but I know its a thing that plays on our minds. We share luggage in that we put our clothes in both cases to mix, and we have carry-ons of a few changes and so on.

Den

thanks everyone. We are actually flying in the day before the cruise departs, so hopefully no problems! it's because we have a connection in Miami - that always makes me nervous with luggage! But i'll take your advice and put the tags on our luggage after our arrival in San Juan.

Archived