Elite champaigne

Tranquil Waters

Concierge Class staterooms and above have a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne waiting in the room when you arrive, but I have not heard of this being an Elite perk. If you are in Concierge Class room or above, often times you are able to swap out the sparkling wine for regular wine - though some people have reported this has not always been obliged. Sometimes people are able to do this through their room steward, sometimes through guest relations and sometimes through a sommelier. On my last cruise (Equinox) the sommelier looked up the value of the sparkling wine (in terms of what they were selling it for on board) and gave people a credit of that amount towards a bottle of their choosing.

Concierge Class staterooms and above have a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne waiting in the room when you arrive, but I have not heard of this being an Elite perk. If you are in Concierge Class room or above, often times you are able to swap out the sparkling wine for regular wine - though some people have reported this has not always been obliged. Sometimes people are able to do this through their room steward, sometimes through guest relations and sometimes through a sommelier. On my last cruise (Equinox) the sommelier looked up the value of the sparkling wine (in terms of what they were selling it for on board) and gave people a credit of that amount towards a bottle of their choosing.

OK, make that Aqua Class welcome champagne. :) We are Elite and Aqua - but first time X cruisers so I get the perks mixed up. :o In either case, you answered my question. Hopefully Solstice will be obliging.....

I'll confirm what Gonzo said and add the following: We've only tried to do this a couple of times through the Sommelier at dinner. Generally, they'll accept any wine received as a gift for credit against another bottle of wine if the one you want to exchange is on the wine list. Sometimes this has been the case with the sparkling wine we've received in our CC stateroom or wines received as gifts from our travel agent or officers and sometimes they are wines which are not on the list.

I'll confirm what Gonzo said and add the following: We've only tried to do this a couple of times through the Sommelier at dinner. Generally, they'll accept any wine received as a gift for credit against another bottle of wine if the one you want to exchange is on the wine list. Sometimes this has been the case with the sparkling wine we've received in our CC stateroom or wines received as gifts from our travel agent or officers and sometimes they are wines which are not on the list.

Thanks for the info. We will try that. I am fine with the sparkling wine but DH does not care for it. Prefers his wine unsparkled. :D. And since I am a glass-at-a-time drinker, much of it would go to waste. But - with wine - we would both enjoy and none would go to waste...... :)

Archived