Appropriate clothing for late October - Nov.

Tampa Girl

Having just read on the Rome thread that shoulders and knees must be covered in order to go into the churches and Cathedrals, is this also true of the Spanish ports? Also, would we be more comfortable in walking shorts or slacks in late October? Thanks for any insight.

Spaniards like to dress smartly. With shorts you will loudly announce "cruise ship tourist".

Wear chinos or dressy jeans with nice polos or blouses and you will blend right in.

It might be on the cool side, so take sweaters and a jacket.

With leather shoes you will be " de rigeur".

That is good to know. Unless we are going to be eating in town, can I assume that DH does not need a sport jacket for daytime wear? And are ankle-length, linen capri pants o.k. for me or should I stick to dark blue jeans?

That is good to know. Unless we are going to be eating in town, can I assume that DH does not need a sport jacket for daytime wear? And are ankle-length, linen capri pants o.k. for me or should I stick to dark blue jeans?

You are fine and DH does not need a sports jacket. Don't forget all those great tapas spots, however, you will need to keep an eye on the weather.

there can be some very nice afternoons - but, morning and evening will be cooler - so you need to plan appropriately - layers:D

Having just read on the Rome thread that shoulders and knees must be covered in order to go into the churches and Cathedrals, is this also true of the Spanish ports? Also, would we be more comfortable in walking shorts or slacks in late October? Thanks for any insight.

Depends on where in Spain you gonna be. Barcelona region can be cold, cause winter sets in. If you are more down south, the weather is a lot better.

Dress in layers, have a jacket if you are up north.

Translation of the above post from Barcelona:

"Sorry for not being able to write in English but Google translator will work well.

In October it is not very cold in Barcelona.

Bring a jacket or sweater for mornings and evenings.

It will not be a problem to enter churches with short pants."

Archived