San Diego Hotels with shuttle to terminal

Alvinsr

My folks are taking a Hawaiian cruise in January, (Leaving out of San Diego) they are having trouble finding a hotel with a shuttle service to the cruise terminal.

can anyone give me some pointers? thanks

San Diego

We stayed at the Bay Club when we went on the Spirit in January and loved it. They had a cruise package with a complimentary shuttle to the port as well as a very nice breakfast buffet. Everyone there was very friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are large and have balconies with views of either the harbor or the marina.

The distance from the airport to downtown and the pier is very short.

I use the Residence Inn San Diego Downtown 1747 Pacific Highway,

San Diego, California 92101 USA Phone: 1-619-338-8200 Fax: 1-619-338-8219. However this is a rather expensive option if you are just trying to avoid the cab.

My folks are taking a Hawaiian cruise in January, (Leaving out of San Diego) they are having trouble finding a hotel with a shuttle service to the cruise terminal.

can anyone give me some pointers? thanks

San Diego

In Nov 2009 we flew in to San Diego the night before our cruise. We stayed at the Hilton near the airport; the free shuttle picked us up that evening and the the shuttle took us to the cruise terminal the next morning.:)

Tell them to stay at the Holiday Inn across the street and they can walk over.

And they have a shuttle in case you need it but you really wouldn't need it unless you have mobility issues or it's raining. The Holiday Inn is literally right across the street.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Bay right across from the cruise terminal also. Booked the Bay View Room and watched the Spirit Sail in to the pier. We were on the 10th floor and when the ship pulled in we could literally see all the Officers on the bridge. It also is close to all transportaion needs to get around the city. The hotel provides free airport pick up and shuttle to the ship. We chose to just walk across the street takes about two minutes from the hotel entrance to the pier entrance.

Archived