Yet another drink package ?...

waterloogirl

Hi everyone,

We opted for the classic package in our upcoming April 11th cruise. One of our group members enjoys Crown Roy... this is however listed as a premium. When looking at a recent bar menu, I noted that Crown and pop is a $7.00 drink so under the $8 cap....can we still get a Crown and gingerale, for instance, under the classic (given that the cost of the cocktail is under $8)?? Many thanks!!

You will all be happy with the classic package. I had the premium package in Feb on an 11 day and found that for my tastes I could have easily "survived" on the classic package and saved over $100.

I am a Chard. drinker does anyone know which wines are Classic vs Premium?

Classic package covers wines by the glass that sell for $8 or less, Premium covers wines that sell for $12 or less per glass.

Seltzer is carbonated water ie soda water. I believe club soda has a bit more sodium content. Someone else may have more info on the difference.

Thank you for clearing that up. Alka Seltzer is a digestive medicine here. :)

Hi everyone,

We opted for the classic package in our upcoming April 11th cruise. One of our group members enjoys Crown Roy... this is however listed as a premium. When looking at a recent bar menu, I noted that Crown and pop is a $7.00 drink so under the $8 cap....can we still get a Crown and gingerale, for instance, under the classic (given that the cost of the cocktail is under $8)?? Many thanks!!

can you let us know how you get on with this package thinking about it myself:)

• 4 weeks later...

First Celebrity cruise and I'm trying to figure out how these packages work. I'm leaning toward the Classic. Is is marked on my card or do they give you something special to note you have this package? Not a huge drinker but between the alcohol and non-alcohol it seems like a good deal. TIA :D

First Celebrity cruise and I'm trying to figure out how these packages work. I'm leaning toward the Classic. Is is marked on my card or do they give you something special to note you have this package? Not a huge drinker but between the alcohol and non-alcohol it seems like a good deal. TIA :D

There is a notation on your card, either preprinted if ordered in advance or a sticker if purchased onboard. When you give it to the server, the bill comes back as $0.00. Only difference.

You will be entitled to anything $8 and less, so if that is the current price of Crown, yes, you would be allowed to order that.

Hmm, this is interesting. I am also a Crown Royal drinker and it is quite clearly listed as part of the premium package. This pricing quirk, if accurate, will cause some confusion and probably mostly for the bartenders. I sure don't want to buy the Classic package and been hassled about this all the time but then I don't want to cough up the extra cash unnecessarily.

Are drink prices really that fluid (excuse the pun)? I wonder whether the $7 pricing mentioned by the OP is accurate.

Archived