Ventura Balcony Question

vinoblanco

I understand that the balconies on Ventura Deck B are smaller than on Deck C, however, the cabins across the back of the ship appear to have bigger balconies. Can anyone confirm this please, or is it just an illusion on the deck plan?

I understand that the balconies on Ventura Deck B are smaller than on Deck C, however, the cabins across the back of the ship appear to have bigger balconies. Can anyone confirm this please, or is it just an illusion on the deck plan?

C Deck balconies are larger than those on A to E deck port and starboard but are overlooked from the halfway point to the rail which some dont like. However you can sit under the covered part in privacy.

Not sure about the differences in those at the back but Im sure others will be along with info soon.

We had an aft cabin on the transatlantic last October, B756 and the aft balconies are definitely deeper. We are back on Ventura on Friday and we chose to have the same location again, not that it matters so much on a party cruise. Sorry but I can't find a picture to illustrate the size of the balcony for you.

Hi vinoblanco, I wonder if this thread will help you? It's from the Princess forum but the ship is the same as Ventura. You can see the balconies on B deck. :)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=aft+balconies

The one I have my eye on is B deck B750. It looks a bit bigger on the illustrations. I know, size doesn't matter and all that, but just like a nice place to sit and watch the sun set, with a glass of chilled wine, after a tiring day soaking up the Carribean sun.

B 750 is the cabin we are in on Friday and I was shown it when we were on the transatlantic. If you like and if I am sober for long enough I will try and take a couple of pictures for you.

That's a good idea Hal, but don't get camera shake :D.

We should start a P&O cabin picture thread and get our hosts to sticky it.

Celebrity boards have a Solstice class ships cabin thread stickied, but not with pictures.

Have a great party cruise :cool:

1780653962_Cruisectober2009No_2079.jpg.b8e620e41f7a11e9f725c11184c244c2.jpg

This is taken on Crown Princess but it is just the same basic ship. The photo was taken from B748, looking into B750 with the beam and then through to B752. We had 3 in a row so had the adjoining doors open. B748 or 749 are the two outside cabins and in my opinion the best. They have the corner and are huge. B750 has the beam on it but is still big. B748 was a wonderful cabin but all the photos are full of people so I didn`t post it. We had about 8 for drinks on it one evening.

This is a photo taken from a A deck balcony looking down towards D and E...

p9120174.jpg

By libralassie at 2010-09-26

I'm on Ventura again in a few days time on R deck right at the back of the ship, that'll be interesting, only a weekender so trying out freedom dining this time as well.

Caber. Thank you, wonderful to know you enjoyed drinks on the balcony, just what we wanted to know. Lovely dogs, always had collies and retrievers when we had dogs.

Hal 500. Can't tell you how much I envy you that you are just setting out on your cruise right now. Please take lots of pics of the cabin, balcony, ship and ports of call. You might think they're rubbish but to others, like me, they will be invaluable. Any info and tips will be very welcome. When you return, can give you my e mail to send pics etc and will be happy to share info about ships we have been on with you. Have a great holiday. Jill

Treat yourself to one of the weekenders to get a taste :)

Our steward on the transatlantic showed me B750, the cabin is the same as the one we were in, a standard balcony layout but the balcony (even with the beam which I don't remember) was larger than ours and it was more than big enough. I'll let you know when I get back with some pics for you.

We had cabin L301 on ventura on lido deck,

the balcony was big enough for two chairs and a small table, and being on the top,we looked down on all the other balconies, they do vary in size, and some have sun loungers on. the ship does widen out lower down

hope this helps,:)

Just back home from the Party cruise and I have taken pictures of our balcony for you. Our friends had a balcony on A deck and ours was at least 3 times deeper. OK there is a beam on B750 but it really doesn't cause too much of an issue, the extra space is well worth it because the actual cabin space is the same.

vinoblanco email me on cordwangler at aol.com and I can send them on to you

This shot is like Libralass's showing the overlooked balconies from A deck

DSCF0248.jpg

and a side view

DSCF0236.jpg

A Deck balconies are not very deep

DSCF0005.jpg

The balcony divider on A Deck balconies

DSCF0006.jpg

This was all from A 638

It is a good size. It does look a little gloomy though and in reality what would you do with that extra shady space? Wouldnt a C deck balcony be better given that you can choose to sit in the sun (albeit overlooked) or shade?

To be fair it's no wonder the pictures are gloomy, they were taken either late in the afternoon at sailaway for the A deck balcony and before 8 in the morning for the aft one.

It's all personal preference, I would rather be at the back any day and on a party cruise in March it really didn't matter. Apart from the extra space it's the shelter you get at the back while sailing that makes the difference for me.

We are sailing on Azura next month and even though it's a short cruise we are very happy to be at the back again, B756 and 757 and no beam to worry about.

Hal 500, thank you for taking the pics. Regarding gloominess, will mainly be using the balcony early (ish) morning and evening before second sitting dinner. Am finding it difficult to get my head round it all, as on the balconies of our previous cruises, (although we've only had 3) you looked overboard from the railing, directly into the sea and only saw other people if they were leaning on their rails. Loved watching the sea birds and flying fish and once got really excited because I saw two large black and white whales, until DH pointed out that they were actually speedboats.

We need 5 cabins altogether, although 2 of those will be interiors and we need 1 cabin with 3 beds. Will have to make a decision soon as bookings open next Friday.

Thanks for the input. I love this site.

Just a minor point.....the photos from Libra Lass and Hal 500 looking down are in fact looking at the outer half of C deck balconies and D deck balconies below that.....D deck have larger cabins but smaller balconies....C deck balconies are at least 9 feet deep and get sun all over except for midday (obviously when sun is on that side of the ship!!) Hope this helps the decision making!! :)

Archived