Classic or Premium

kasjas

Can anyone please advise me on whether the classic or premium drinks package will be better. I do quite like trying out cocktails (does the lemon drop martini fall into classic or premium cause I could stick to that one lol) and dont know whether the classic package will cover this??? Would a classic for DH and premium for myself work? If we purchase one each can we drink from each others occasionally?

Sorry for so many questions but guess you guys are the ones to ask. Many thanks in advance (from a first time cruiser)

There's a sticky at the top of the page all about the drink packages, it includes copies of menus and drink prices - there are also links in my sig to the thread, and to a spreadsheet that you can use to determine what works best for you. Enjoy!

IMO if you drink Martinis and like the better wines you will need the premium package. If you do not think Martinis and are O.K. with the wines that cost $8 or less the classic package would be best.

We did the Premium packaged and enjoyed the convenience.

If you buy the classic and order a premium do they make you pay the difference or for the whole drink if its over the $8 limit?

You have to pay the whole price if you have the classic package and purchase a drink that costs more than what the classic package covers.

First timers and we have decided to go for the drink package for our upcoming Med cruise on Equinox in May. DW is fne with the Classic, but I can't decide between Classic or Premium. I'm not really into martinis and I'm happy with the $5 selection of beers, but I do enjoy wine. Can anyone comment on the $8 and under reds? I'm not familiar with the brands listed in the spreadsheet in the sticky. Wondering if I'll need to upgrade to premium for a decent glass of red. Thanks.

First timers and we have decided to go for the drink package for our upcoming Med cruise on Equinox in May. DW is fne with the Classic, but I can't decide between Classic or Premium. I'm not really into martinis and I'm happy with the $5 selection of beers, but I do enjoy wine. Can anyone comment on the $8 and under reds? I'm not familiar with the brands listed in the spreadsheet in the sticky. Wondering if I'll need to upgrade to premium for a decent glass of red. Thanks.

We opted for the premium package, if you are planning on a couple of glasses of wine with dinner this would be the way to go..

We stared our day with a speciality coffee or two.. took San Peligrino water to Breakfast, Hubby liked the more expensive beers, I enjoyed martini's friend enjoyed wine.. We all came out ahead by going with the package..

Thanks everyone so much for your pearls of wisdom. The premium it will be. Hab fan from Ham (sorry if I got that wrong), with regards to the wines I dont think they are all that hot (we used to own a wine business so know a little about they are listing as available). Premium may be better. The Beringer (Californian) is okay and that is available on the classic but has we have never cruised before not sure if there may be others available that arent listed.

Once again thankyou all.

Lemon drop - yum - wonder if they have sour apple?

They have an APPLETINI. It is quite popular and I am sure you can

have it as sour as you want;)

And don't forget all the wonderful "specialty coffees" and premium waters. And as someone mentioned... experimenting w/ new drinks at the Molecular Bar. Go premium.

Are the specialty coffees and premium waters not included in the Classic Alcohol package?

:confused:Forgive me, I have read thru all of the posts and am curious about one thing. We have purchased the premium package to do the upmost damage to our livers but I can't find out if the TIP/Gratituties are included as well. I know that when I purchased this online a service fee was added but for example...

If I purchase a drink that is twelve dollars (or under, tip EXCLUDED) it's covered but if I purchase a drink that is $13, I have to pay for the entire amount....

Is this correct?

:confused:

Can anyone please advise me on whether the classic or premium drinks package will be better. I do quite like trying out cocktails (does the lemon drop martini fall into classic or premium cause I could stick to that one lol) and dont know whether the classic package will cover this??? Would a classic for DH and premium for myself work? If we purchase one each can we drink from each others occasionally?

Sorry for so many questions but guess you guys are the ones to ask. Many thanks in advance (from a first time cruiser)

Neither. Pay as you go is the best way to go

Hi Realblonde474

I think that the gratuities are included when you buy the package (but I am in the UK so dont know if its different here) but good point about drinks over the premium package amount. Hope someone can answer that for us. By the way I dont think these questions are that daft, especially if we have never cruised before, its all new to us. Just think by the time we get back we shall be old hands at this cruising lark and will be able to help all the newbies,lol.

Anything up to $12 (menu price) is included in the Premium package price, tips are also included.

Anything over $12 you pay full price, to which a tip will be added.

So your $12 glass of wine will cost you nothing on the ship, you've already paid for it.

The $13 glass of wine will cost you $14.95 charged to your shipboard account.

Neither. Pay as you go is the best way to go

For you, maybe. Not for me. Celebrity would have made more on me PAYG on my upcoming cruise than they will with me having purchased the Premium Alcohol drink package.

Thankyou very much Jobeth66

Your answer has been most helpful, clear and concise. We will go with the premium (Bombay Sapphire is only available on premium and we do enjoy a G & T) I dont want to be constantly wondering how much we are spending.

Hubby has just been to a meeting in Southampton and the Independance of the Seas was in!! He had to ring me as he has just been blown away by the sheer size of her. Is the Eclipse on a par with the Independance in size? OMG we are so excited!!

Archived