Embarkation and Disembarkation

CaribQween

We are planning on doing a one-way Alaska cruise on the Radiance of the Seas but haven't quite made a final decision on which way. The embarkation time for a southbound would be 9:00 p.m. and we wondered about what time we would be able to start boarding the ship if we do that cruise. And then also about what would be the latest we would be able to disembark in Seward if doing a northbound with the arrival time being 4:00 a.m.? No matter which one we take we'll want to maximize our time in Seward so it is just a curiosity question :).

We are planning on doing a one-way Alaska cruise on the Radiance of the Seas but haven't quite made a final decision on which way. The embarkation time for a southbound would be 9:00 p.m. and we wondered about what time we would be able to start boarding the ship if we do that cruise. And then also about what would be the latest we would be able to disembark in Seward if doing a northbound with the arrival time being 4:00 a.m.? No matter which one we take we'll want to maximize our time in Seward so it is just a curiosity question :).

We have embarked at the Seward terminal a couple of times -- both times we have gotten to the terminal around 11:30 AM --- and been on the Radiance by noon.

As for disembarking from Seward, I am looking at my RCI information sheet from last year: "Departure Order -- The first number will be called off the ship at approximately 6:00 AM. The last number will be called at approximately 9:30 AM. Please note this order is subject to the flow of guests and luggage in and out of the pier terminal and may change slightly."

Hope this information helps.

Karen

We have embarked at the Seward terminal a couple of times -- both times we have gotten to the terminal around 11:30 AM --- and been on the Radiance by noon.

As for disembarking from Seward, I am looking at my RCI information sheet from last year: "Departure Order -- The first number will be called off the ship at approximately 6:00 AM. The last number will be called at approximately 9:30 AM. Please note this order is subject to the flow of guests and luggage in and out of the pier terminal and may change slightly."

Hope this information helps.

Karen

Thank you so much. That's everything I needed to know. I appreciate your help.

The gangways are set in Seward around 6am, and anyone can disembark shortly after, by 7am at the latest. They clear out the ship, with a goal by 9:30am, earlier if they can.

I never board a Seward ship early- just too much to do there. :) You can drop off your bags early morning by 9am. I usually board around 6-6:30pm.

The gangways are set in Seward around 6am, and anyone can disembark shortly after, by 7am at the latest. They clear out the ship, with a goal by 9:30am, earlier if they can.

I never board a Seward ship early- just too much to do there. :) You can drop off your bags early morning by 9am. I usually board around 6-6:30pm.

We have an awful lot we want to do in Seward and we're going to fit in everything we can before boarding. And being able to drop our luggage off in the morning will definitely be a huge convenience.

Archived