Miami to Ft Lauderdale??

charliegirlac

Hi all - hoping you can help. We have just booked Allure for September out of Ft Lauderdale, however the flight that we are arriving on lands in Miami (using our frequent flyer points so couldnt be too picky!) We have been doing some research but would like to know what the experts (you all!) would do. What is the best way to get from Miami Airport to a yet to be determined hotel in Ft Lauderdale the day before our cruise (Arrive Saturday for a Sunday cruise)

Thanks every one!!!

I'm no expert by any means but from what I've read a taxi is about $80. there is a light rail train thats cheaper but you have to handle your own baggage. We are doing the same thing in June. One person recommended renting a car and driving to FLL airport and then catching the hotel shuttle.

We are opting for Taxi for the 3 of us.

Hi all - hoping you can help. We have just booked Allure for September out of Ft Lauderdale, however the flight that we are arriving on lands in Miami (using our frequent flyer points so couldnt be too picky!) We have been doing some research but would like to know what the experts (you all!) would do. What is the best way to get from Miami Airport to a yet to be determined hotel in Ft Lauderdale the day before our cruise (Arrive Saturday for a Sunday cruise)

Thanks every one!!!

I used the SuperShuttle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami a few years ago. Worked well and it wasnt to expensive. www.supershuttle.com. Larry

If you're going the day before, I recommend renting a car. You'll have the car to get you around and maybe do some sightseeing the day before. Drop the car off in the morning and most car rental places will have a free shuttle to the cruise pier.

From MIA to the FLL area a rental car is your cheapest option. A taxi will run close to $100, depending upon which hotel :eek:, SuperShuttle typically charges about $40 per passenger. Larry's limos has been suggested for MIA service - suspect he will also be close to $100. Good luck! :)

Thanks every one!!!

We have gotten to the point of getting to Florida two days prior to sailing. :p We always rent a car, the last two times Alamo has been the most reasonable for us! We usually do the opposite of your trip and land in FLL but sail from POM. Alamo has good representation in both airports. I hear they are moving their Miami office from 41st Street (Miami Beach) to downtown Miami. They have always offered a free shuttle from their Miami drop offs to the POM. I would think that they would also do the same from the FLL area! Have a great cruise!

Archived