Princess Customer Relations: Are You Kidding Me!!!

dfields1814

On a recent cruise on the Golden, we were overcharged for an item. I know we were overcharged because before the cruise I called Princess and double checked the price. And sure enough we were charged a higher price on our cruise. When I returned home I emailed customer realtions a nice letter praising the cruise and staff (all true) and mentioning the overcharge and why I thought I deserved a OBC. I also emailed a copy of my statement showing the overcharge. Then I sat back for what I have read on CC would be a 6 week wait.

I just got a call from Princess customer relations telling me I was correct and to expect an OBC for our next cruise. The total wait was less than 3 business days. Now that is what I call excellent customer service!!!

We had a charge on our bill on our recent Golden cruise that was not ours. It was corrected the following day and we even got a message in the cabin that it had been credited. We have never had a charge on our bill that was not ours so I am not sure if this is what they always do, but I was really pleased with the speed of the correction.

As long as the affected customer is satisfied, that's all that matters, I suppose, but surely a more reasonable and fair solution would be an immediate credit to the charge card or a promptly mailed check. Not everyone is able to take another Princess cruise anytime soon.

As long as the affected customer is satisfied, that's all that matters, I suppose, but surely a more reasonable and fair solution would be an immediate credit to the charge card or a promptly mailed check. Not everyone is able to take another Princess cruise anytime soon.

The OP asked for an OBC in their letter; I'm sure had s/he asked for a refund, that would have been forthcoming, too.

On a recent cruise on the Golden, we were overcharged for an item. I know we were overcharged because before the cruise I called Princess and double checked the price. And sure enough we were charged a higher price on our cruise. When I returned home I emailed customer realtions a nice letter praising the cruise and staff (all true) and mentioning the overcharge and why I thought I deserved a OBC. I also emailed a copy of my statement showing the overcharge. Then I sat back for what I have read on CC would be a 6 week wait.

I just got a call from Princess customer relations telling me I was correct and to expect an OBC for our next cruise. The total wait was less than 3 business days. Now that is what I call excellent customer service!!!

Obviously you know how to compose an effective letter & to document your problem to get a positive result...maybe you could have a career writing them for others??? :D

Archived