Pre cruise hotel in Rome

putnam

My husband and I will be taking NCL Jade from Civitavecchia on Oct. 15, 2011. We plan to spend 2 nights in Rome prior to the cruise. Would like recommendations for hotels in Rome (walking distance to main tourist sites) for less than $200 a night. We'd like an en suite room with breakfast if possible.

We're thinking about Hotel Maikol, Hotel Napoleon, both on Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II or Hotel Golden Roma, Via Marche 84, or Nicholas Inn, Via Cavour.

We would appreciate any other suggestions. We've never been to Rome and because of the limited time we have, would really like to stay central to the major sites.

Thanks for any comments on the above hotels or alternate choices.

There are many recommendations on hotels here, but I don't recognize any of the ones you have listed. You may get some replies here, but I would suggest TripAdvisor (.com), as you will get a more concentrated set of comments, most likely.

My husband and I will be taking NCL Jade from Civitavecchia on Oct. 15, 2011. We plan to spend 2 nights in Rome prior to the cruise. Would like recommendations for hotels in Rome (walking distance to main tourist sites) for less than $200 a night. We'd like an en suite room with breakfast if possible.

We're thinking about Hotel Maikol, Hotel Napoleon, both on Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II or Hotel Golden Roma, Via Marche 84, or Nicholas Inn, Via Cavour.

We would appreciate any other suggestions. We've never been to Rome and because of the limited time we have, would really like to stay central to the major sites.

Thanks for any comments on the above hotels or alternate choices.

Last summer we spent 4 nights in Rome at Hotel Artemide. Check them out on Trip Advisor.

They have a wonderful breakfast included. Lovely hotel about 10 minute walk from Termini.

Enjoy!

IMHO find a hotel near the Piazza Navona area...

We stayed at the Residenza Canali and were able to walk to Trevi, the Vatican and Campo Fiore. The Termini area is questionable albeit convenient.

Nicholas inn gets very good reviews on Tripadvisor. Our private guide from our Rome tour last year highly recommends it. We would stay close at either the Piazza Nanova or Campo dei Fiori area when we return next summer.

Archived